Founded in 1971, the Cambridge Women’s Center (CWC) is the oldest continuously running community center for women in the United States. The CWC provides a supportive community space for women, offering opportunities for healing, support, learning, and solidarity. All CWC services are free and open to all women.
Pre-COVID, the CWC’s three programs included (1) a 6-day a week Drop-in program where members could use computers, cook, and get support from volunteers, (2) a Helpline offering emotional support and resource referrals, and (3) an average of 25 Groups each month ranging from support groups to creative arts. During COVID, the CWC has adapted the Helpline and Groups to run remotely and since August have been running outdoor Drop-in services three days a week. Pre-COVID 100% of direct services were provided by volunteers, though recently the CWC has had to adapt to about 75% volunteer service with staff contributing time to the Drop-in services and the Helpline.
The CWC has three paid staff, seven Board members, and over 90 active volunteers. The CWC typically works with 300+ volunteers annually, with 150 assisting with the Drop-in and/or the Helpline programs. The CWC provides all of these services with a budget of approximately $230,000 a year and is primarily funded by foundations, corporate grants, and individual donations.
For more information on the Cambridge Women’s Center please visit its website.
The Co-Director of Operations and Administration (COA) is an entirely new position. The CWC has recently transitioned to a non-hierarchical Co-Director model that focuses on shared leadership, collaboration, and equitable responsibility amongst staff. Group supervision will be used for accountability and the Board of Trustees will serve as a support for decision making, strategic planning and human resources.
The COA will work alongside the Co-Director of Development and Outreach and the Co-Director of Programs and Services to support the CWC’s broad mission and many services. The COA will have responsibility for coordinating the administration and the operation of the CWC’s house, and support and collaborate with the Co-Directors.
The Co-Director of Operations and Administration’s primary duties include the following:
· Keep track of material inventory, make necessary house-related purchases such as toilet paper or dish soap, and track appropriately;
· Keep track of and maintain technology inventory including computers, laptops, printers etc.;
· Maintain the house by organizing regular cleanings as well as periodic deep cleans;
· Curate and update Amazon Wishlist items, and thank and track these donors;
· Research other sources for needed in-kind donations;
· Recruit for, plan, and coordinate donation drives for specific items that are needed throughout the year (such as winter clothing drives);
· Plan and execute ‘Days of Service’ for interested groups, working with external partner organizations;
· Plan and execute House-related events, such as holiday events, and assist with the execution of fundraising events;
· Manage email@example.com account and maintain staff Google Drive;
· Fill in shifts where needed in general programming of the CWC.
· Record all receipts and invoices, enter expense documentation into QuickBooks and record appropriately in order to maintain the organization of finances;
· Create and maintain tracking system for in-kind donations and specialized volunteer labor;
· Assist with monthly Profit and Loss Statements, track goals-to budget for monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals; designate specific expenses by assigning them to the appropriate funding source;
· Manage financial projects and liaise with bookkeeper and CWC team on financial forms.
· Implement data collection and analysis systems to track CWC’s goals and improve services;
· Collaborate with CWC team on strategic planning discussions and decision-making;
· Supervise interns and volunteers on specific projects as appropriate;
· Assist in identifying capital improvement projects in conjunction with the CWC Board of Trustees;
· Liaise with the Finance Committee and other team members on the creation and distribution of the CWC’s budget.
The ideal candidate will have most if not all of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
· An unwavering commitment to the CWC’s mission and values;
· Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of relevant experience is required;
· One or more years of experience with office management, operations or administration;
· Experience with QuickBooks a plus;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Demonstrated ability using Excel to create reports and presentations;
· Self-starter who can work well independently and as a leader on the CWC team;
· Ability to work effectively with people of all backgrounds;
· Detail-oriented with superior time management skills;
· Resourceful with the ability to grasp new technological skills quickly;
· Willingness to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Founded in 1971, the Cambridge Women’s Center (CWC) is the oldest continuously running community center for women in the United States. The CWC provides a supportive community space for women, offering…
The salary for this position is $50,000. As a result of the co-director model, the salaries of all staff are equal and set, so the salary is non-negotiable. Benefits include paid time off and health insurance, though dental coverage is not included.
The salary for this position is $50,000. As a result of the co-director model, the salaries of all staff are equal and set, so the salary is non-negotiable. Benefits include paid time off…
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “COA Application” in the subject line of the email. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter detailing relevant experience.
The Cambridge Women’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “COA Application” in the subject line of the email. Applications will not be…