5101 16th Street, NW
Housing Up is a nonprofit affordable housing developer and provider of housing-based services to end family homelessness in the District of Columbia. Housing Up provides the full spectrum of housing and supportive services to more than 500 homeless and at-risk families. Housing Up Development’s mission is to preserve and develop quality affordable housing, including permanent supportive family units in mixed-income communities for low and moderate income families, individuals, and seniors. Our team works collaboratively and diligently towards that mission.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Housing Up Development (Affordable Housing Development), the Project Manager responsibilities include management of the development process from conception to completion including: acquisition, feasibility analysis, financial packaging, design phase, construction management and portfolio/asset management activities.
Work in collaboration with the Housing Up Development team to facilitate the following:
· Project initiation (Site feasibility analysis including site selection, zoning analysis, construction budget and estimating, scheduling)
· Identification of funding sources to implement affordable housing and green initiatives
· Project feasibility analysis (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establish project pro forma, establishing development schedule, due diligence analysis of property)
· Funding/Financing (Preparation of proposals for public and private funding and grant applications and financial packaging for procurement of financing)
· Design Process (Engage design team and oversee integrative review process with team, value engineering)
· Construction Planning and management (value engineering, budgeting, change order process, scheduling, oversight of 3rd party CM and/or GC, representing organization at partnership progress meetings, etc)
· Green/Sustainability practices (both in design of current projects as well as in existing building portfolio with preference towards implementing Passive House design and other stringent green initiatives). Identifying subsidies, grants and/or government funding or programs and other initiatives to support this objective
· Asset Management (Implement Asset Management best practices, engage in the asset management of existing portfolio including analyzing contract of 3rd party property manager and ensuring compliance there-to, review monthly reports, develop capital replacement schedules, analyze proposals/scope of work for capital improvements at portfolio properties, schedule periodic (bi-annual) inspections of portfolio properties, monitor regulatory compliance in relation to capital funding sources at our portfolio properties)
· Management of third party vendors (surveyors, environmental firms, architects, contractors, suppliers).
· Community Engagement (develop relationships with local ANC and community groups)
· Progress Reporting (prepare progress reports for the board, partners and others monitoring the project
· Work collaboratively with Development Team and other members of Housing Up to ultimately provide the best quality housing for our clients/residents.
· Identify areas of potential strengthening of skill sets to undertake all of the above and propose trainings for further development of those skills.
EDUCATIONAL & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Preferably Master’s degree with related education and training in real estate development, urban planning, construction management, asset management, business and housing finance
· Minimum of five years direct experience in development, financing, or project management of affordable housing development projects. Asset Management experience a plus.
· Preference for candidates who have depth of understanding in the following areas: 1) real estate finance 2) Affordable Housing Development 3) construction management and 4) asset management
· Proficiency with MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
· Knowledge of mapping software, DHCD and HUD portals a plus
· May require some weekend and evening hours
· Travel within the Washington, DC community required
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Housing Up offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via the website (URL) listed above.