Reports to: Director of External Relations
Function: The Events and Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for designing and executing agency fundraising events, and for helping create sustainable relationships with corporate partners and event sponsors.The ability to accurately set and meet deadlines, provide supervision and direction to others, collaborate with program staff, leadership staff, board members, and other key volunteers is critical. We value individual initiative, as well as the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. An ability to be structured, creative and proactive will be necessary for success.
Hours: 40 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
- Set strategy, manage, and execute events in support of the external relations fundraising plan. Manage all aspects of: program development and scripting, table captain engagement, sponsor solicitation, invitation production, volunteer participation, strategic table assignments, day-of logistics, and post-event evaluation.
- Manage relationships with video production, printing, mailing, catering, audiovisual, and other vendors involved in events.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with agency staff, key leaders, and program participants regarding event roles and expectations.
- Develop event budgets, document costs, and ensure that expenses are within budget. In collaboration with Major Gifts Officer and Individual Giving Manager monitor and track anticipated event revenue.
- Events may include but are not limited to: BE LOUD Breakfast (average attendance 900), small regional fundraisers, home events, and third party fundraisers.
- Corporate Partnerships
- In support of the external relations fundraising plan, solicit and secure consistent and incrementally increasing corporate sponsorship revenue.
- In close collaboration with the Director of External Relations, identify, engage, solicit and steward corporate partners who will support KCSARC through a combination of event sponsorships and/or grants, workplace giving, volunteer service, and outreach to their networks to broaden the agency's presence in the community and increase corporate investment in our work.
- Present to corporate audiences on KCSARC's services and opportunities for engagement.
- Create and implement corporate engagement strategies to complement existing agency activities.
Agency and team participation
- Acquire and actively employ sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, its work, and its competitive and collaborative environment.
- Actively participate in the external relations team's planning and collaboration tools and processes.
Required minimum qualification
- Bachelors degree, plus four years specifically related work experience.
- Masters degree plus one year directly related work experience OR
- Already acquired experience and/or working knowledge of event and corporate partnership management
- At least three years’ experience implementing successful large fundraising events.
- Proven experience securing, managing, and growing corporate relationships.
Preferred personal attributes, skills, and competencies
- Keen attention to detail with a penchant for excellent judgment, discretion, accuracy, and accountability.
- Experience in cultivating and stewarding key volunteers, including board members, to develop and achieve agreed-upon goals.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and meet deadlines.
- A high degree of initiative.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and as part of a cross-disciplinary team. Ability to manage up.
- Ability to effectively develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships; ability to hear and incorporate others’ perspectives and build productive working relationships across groups and teams.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to balance a diverse set of projects, both routine and new projects. Successfully manage shifting timelines and priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with common web-based platforms (e.g., Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, Classy, Dropbox, Podio).
401k with company matching and Safe Harbor
12 federal holidays
2 floating holidays
Minimum Education Required