Full Time Contract
Job purpose: The main role of the Communications and Fundraising Manager is to advise upon and implement the 3 year (2017–2019) integrated communication and fundraising strategy in terms of awareness raising, recruitment and retention of donors among the agreed target audiences.
Key accountabilities and main activities
1- Responsible for the steering and implementing of the external communication strategy in order to support fundraising and the recruitment of international volunteers
- Improves the visibility of awareness raising activities through Anjali House website and social media
- Optimizes www.anjali-house.com visibility and increase number of website users and ranking in the major search engines.
- Engages and grows Anjali House’s social media community of supporters (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Responsible for the website functionality, update and security
- Conceptualizes, creates and/or commissions the development of communication materials including quarterly e-newsletter, photo essays, videos, blog articles, annual reports in line with the Anjai House graphic guideline.
- Develop and run events if/when time for value (visibility and fundraising) is positive.
2- Responsible for the steering and implementing of the fundraising strategy
- Further improve/find new tactics to recruit regular donors
- Research potential new funding streams and connect with grant-making institutions/corporates.
- Complete grant proposals
- Responsible for the reporting to the existing donors (Institutions/Corporates/Foundations/Major donors)
- Create, implement creative fundraising campaigns (online)
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator, further improve and develop activities to engage international volunteers in fundraising (“Ambassador Program”).
- Build up and maintain relationships with Corporates, Foundations and major donors.
- Maintain the main online database of donors/supporters
3- Provides quarterly and yearly analysis of performances of digital activities highlighting the impact and outreach as well as formulating strategic improvements (also against KPIs)
- Provides quarterly and yearly analysis of performances of digital activities highlighting the impact and outreach as well as formulating strategic improvements (also against KPIs)
- Recruit and coach interns and volunteers for the Communications and Fundraising department.
- Supervises, supports and sets clear attainable objectives for all members of the Communications and Fundraising team
5- Responsible for internal communications, representation and relationship building.
- Support staff communications including taking the minutes at staff meetings and using Facebook and Google to support staff communication and collaboration
- Organise/participate in monthly Board calls, write minutes and provide regular updates to the Board of Directors on fundraising and communications
- Maintain and develop relations with partner NGOs (Angkor Photo Festival, GoPhilantropic platform of NGOs, Think Child Safe movement, etc.)
- Conduct visitor tours and manage the visitor’s centre
- Manage the official Anjali House email and respond to general inquiries.
We offer a competitive local salary as well as lunch on workdays at the center. We do not cover relocation expenses, visas, housing, transportation or health insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Fluent in written and spoken English. French/German/Dutch a plus.
- Strategic minded and results oriented
- Ability to manage, coach and train others
- High level of integrity and sound judgement.
- Available for at least 2 years
Minimum Education Required