126 West 17th Street
Independent private school for students with learning disabilities with campuses in NYC, CT, NJ, and Long Island, NY is seeking a full time Development Assistant to work out of the NYC location. The assistant will report to the Development Director and play an important role by providing support to a three person development office with all aspects of its fundraising program. Ideal candidate has excellent organization skills with attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer and database software skills. Outstanding entry level opportunity to learn about fundraising in a not-for-profit organization.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Department in all aspects of fundraising and donor relations, including all fundraising appeals, individual/ foundation/corporate giving, and special fundraising events, in particular annual benefit gala & auction.
- Manage and maintain the development donor database. Responsible for all gift processing and data entry, and coordination of the gift acknowledgement process.
- Written and phone communication - answer phone and general email inquiries; be comfortable with donor contact by phone and in person; interact with members of the school and parent volunteers.
- Coordinate department mass mailings, mail merges, and electronic communication to donors.
- Produce donor reports and reconcile with financial records. Conduct research on prospective donors.
- Involvement in all aspects of special event planning and coordination for the annual fundraising benefit/gala and auction, including:
- Managing event software and mobile bidding software, donations, journal ads, ability to work closely with volunteers and under pressure.
- Maintain and update event mailing lists and and coordinate mailing of event invitations.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials for fundraising events.
- Assist with managing on-site production and breakdown of events.
- Develop and order printed event materials including signage, posters, banners, and collateral.
- Inventory, store, gather and pack event materials prior to each event.
- Other responsibilities: provide important office and organization support, maintain department filing systems online and hard copy, scanning and photocopying, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven work history in an office or similar environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills: must be meticulous in matters of accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent computer and database skills. Knowledge and experience of Google Drive (Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, etc.) STRONGLY preferred, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, and of 501 Auctions a plus
- Ability to multi-task and switch priorities quickly while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team and independently in a busy office, managing the pressure of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for special events and during benefit season
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) using tact, patience and courtesy
- Professional, enthusiastic, and motivated
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter.