VisionFund International (VFI) is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty.
As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, we work in 30+ countries through our network of affiliated microfinance institutions (MFIs) located across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding loan portfolio of nearly US$ 535 million, serve over 1.2 million active borrowers and impact the lives of over 4 million children each year.
Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VFI aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This is an exciting new role in VisionFund Myanmar, one of the largest and fastest growing MFIs in the VisionFund network. A key strategic goal is to improve sustainability and reach through – innovations in efficiency and effectiveness of the MFI’s operations. This role will be responsible for developing a new strategic operating model that will significantly improve productivity and efficiency in the MFI. This role will oversee and have ultimate accountability for successful implementation of the new operating model, other change projects and strategic innovations within the MFI, coordinating and aligning this with the regional and global standards within VFI. This role will report to the CEO and manage the IT team of the MFI. This role will develop capacity and manage IT/change projects within the MFI. Other MFI functional leads will coordinate with this role on change management.
- Develop strategies to ensure achievement of vision, mission, purpose, goals, policies set by the Board and approved by VFI.
- Develop new programs and processes in the MFI to ensure continuous improvement in organizational productivity and effectiveness.
- In coordination with the CEO and MFI Functional Leads, prepare Annual Business Plan by determining key business, social, growth and staffing objectives.
- Ensures that operating costs are in line with acceptable budget ratios at overall institutional level. Provide support and growth opportunities to team to develop and retain talent within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Professional education in finance or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years working at a senior management level of a complex, global organization, focused on operations, with matrix-style management structures.
- Proven effectiveness in intercultural working, with work experience in Asia preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of microfinance or retail banking operations incl. front- and back office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders.
The job holder will be based at the head office in Yangon and requires to travel domestically up to 25% of the time and occasional travel outside of Myanmar.
S/he will be working very closely with and be a part of the Senior Management Team. Working with CEO on a regular basis to evaluate projects and overall strategic approach and, daily interaction with on the ground project team members and external vendors.
VisionFund International aims to be diverse and inclusive organisation and candidates of all backgrounds and cultures are welcomed.
We are dedicated to all our staff development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In order to be considered for the position candidates should submit their application online at www.careers.visionfund.org not later than May 21, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.