1100 H Street
National Organization for Women (NOW)
Accounting and Contracts Manager
The National Organization for Women (NOW) seeks a part-time (30 hours per week) Accounting and Contracts Manager to help oversee monthly reconciliations, annual audits, insurance renegotiations, tax requirements, and HR responsibilities.
The Accounting and Contracts Manager will be directly supervised by NOW’s president.
Competitive candidates will have excellent organizational skills, confidentiality and attention to detail, as well as good interpersonal relations and strong communications skills. The ideal candidate for this position has strong leadership skills, is highly analytical, skilled multi-tasker, reliable and self-motivated.
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality
Financial and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Monitoring financial performance and needs for the organization
- Managing financial controls
- Compiling and analyzing financial reports as needed
- Updating the Financial handbook
- Overseeing the annual audit
- Reconciling bank statements and monthly financial reports, review for accuracy
- Preparing annual projections and update monthly with actual figures
- Managing the pension plan and requirements
- Negotiating and managing organizational insurance plans
- Managing bequests, wills, and trusts
- Completing IRS Forms (990s, etc)
- Managing the charitable solicitation registration process
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Running payroll every other week
- Developing job descriptions
- Managing the hiring and termination processes
- Administering employee benefits
- Ensuring organization compliance with unemployment requirements
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Management experience required
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience with MIP preferred
- Passion for women's rights and intersectional feminism
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals across age, race, socio-economic, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and other lines
- Experience with a nonprofit membership organization a plus
NOW offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter, a writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: “ATTN: Application for Accounting and Contracts Manager – Your Full Name.” Applications will not be considered without all requested information. No phone calls please.
NOW actively seeks applicants that reflect the diversity of our community. NOW is an equal employment opportunity organization and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, race, age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or parenting status, affectional or sexual orientation, or gender identity.