10604 Northeast 38th Place
Imagine Housing is the leading non-profit developer of affordable housing based in East King County. For over 30 years, we have made it possible for low-income people to live and thrive on the Eastside. We offer permanent housing with supportive services to families, seniors, and veterans, many who have recently experienced homelessness. Our outstanding team of smart, experienced employees is committed to making a difference in our communities. We now have 576 affordable apartments in six Eastside cities serving more than 1,300 low-income individuals each year. We plan to double our size in the next five years to meet the ever increasing needs in the region.
We are seeking highly motivated and high performing professionals to add to our growing team. Our work environment is positive, caring, collaborative, solution-oriented and fun. We offer excellent benefits including 100% company paid health insurance and a matching 401(k) program.
We are seeking a dynamic, skilled individual to lead our Real Estate Development efforts. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position executes the strategic vision of the Imagine Housing and Imagine Housing Communities Boards of Directors and furthers the organizations’ missions by managing all aspects of the development cycle from land acquisition through funding to construction completion.
As part of the senior executive team, the Director of Real Estate Development leads the real estate development function at Imagine Housing. The Director will leverage their skills and experience in affordable housing best practices to take a significant leadership role in the creation of affordable housing communities for East King County. The Director hires, supervises and trains the real estate development staff.
The Director of Real Estate Development ensures that Imagine Housing’s apartments are built in a manner that maintain the values of the organization, are fully integrated into the community, are built with the highest standards, and maintain the organizations’ reputation as a quality builder.
· Supervise real estate development staff in the development of permanent supportive housing
· Direct all real estate development operations, including:
o coordinating financial packaging
o securing acquisition, predevelopment, construction and permanent financing
o securing entitlements
o building community support and working with various internal and external stakeholder
o supervising architects, consultants, property managers, contractors and other development team members; and
o monitoring development, construction and lease-up processes
· Assist the Executive Director in identifying acquisition opportunities, including defining each project’s services program; developing acquisition and funding options; and evaluating over-all project feasibility.
· Oversee the negotiation of all major agreements and financing documents, including limited partnership agreements, loan documents, construction contracts, architectural agreements, and property management agreements.
· Oversee overall progress of projects in terms of budgets and timelines.
· Work closely and effectively with the supportive services team to create supportive service plans and agreements, define each project’s target population and unit mix, and incorporate design recommendations.
· Train and support real estate development staff to be effective and technically excellent.
· Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with external partners, including banks, investors, government lenders, and consultants, such as general contractors, architects, and others.
· Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
· Work with the Housing Development Committee and Board of Directors on the progress of development projects and to request approval of new projects.
· Work with the Executive Director to advocate for policies, programs and funding that support and expand permanent supportive housing.
· With the support of the Executive Director, create departmental policies and procedures that promote high quality products and an effective work environment.
· Serve as an articulate, visible and effective spokesperson for the organization and its projects.
· Work with departments at Imagine Housing in furtherance of Imagine Housing real estate projects and to define procedures and processes that facilitate the organization’s work.
· Job will include some evening and weekend hours
· Experienced and technically proficient in all aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, entitlement and design, construction, lease-up and operations.
· Experience with tax‐exempt bond financing, the Federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, and FHA mortgage insurance programs.
· Able to analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analysis, and make appropriate recommendations and decisions.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-building spirit.
· An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving.
· Resilient, versatile and flexible.
· Commitment to the mission of providing affordable homes and supportive services to our state’s most vulnerable populations.
· Well-organized and detail-oriented, with excellent analytical skills.
· Proficient in sophisticated real estate finance analysis using Excel, project management software and word processing software.
· Experienced supervisor.
· Good presentation skills- excellent oral and written communication skills;
Education and Qualifications
· Ten or more years’ experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution, OR
· A relevant Master’s degree with seven years or more experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field
Position is a full-time, salaried and exempt position. Hours worked will be weekdays at least 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or at a mutually agreed upon schedule. Evening and/or weekend hours may be required. Regular daily (work week) presence is required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is from $110,000 to $125,000 annually, depending on experience. Generous benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, 100% company-paid medical, dental and life insurance and 401(k) matching contribution.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Imagine Housing is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, the presence of a disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all phases of employment, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, supervision, training, upgrading, transfer, compensation, benefits, promotion, education and recreation, layoff and termination.
Please email a resume and cover letter a description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate. Include in your cover letter or email how you learned of this position. Send your resume and cover letter to info@ImagineHousing.org.
Generous benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, 100% company-paid medical, dental and life insurance and 401(k) matching contribution.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent verbal and written English required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter with a description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate. Include in your cover letter or email how you learned of this position. Send your resume and cover letter to info@ImagineHousing.org.