115 West 31st Street
Win seeks a Senior Grant Writer to join our Development Department. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Corporate and Institutional Development, the Senior Grant Writer will lead proposal development, grant writing, and reporting associated with both restricted and unrestricted private grants from corporations and foundations. This position requires exceptional writing and project management skills, ability to learn quickly on the job, and strong interpersonal skills for working with funders as well as program and administrative staff. The candidate should possess the ability to manage projects independently, set priorities and take initiative as well as work as part of a cohesive development team.
- Develops and writes proposal and stewardship reports to foundation and corporate funding sources. Monitors requirements and deadlines. Works with Win staff to gather financial and programmatic information and research and evaluation data.
- Tracks Grant Action Calendar and Solicitation Calendar to remain on deadline and ensure proposals/reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Initiates regular meetings with Win Client Services, Policy and Planning, and Finance Departments to monitor the status of grants to ensure that goals and objectives in grant letters and contracts are being met. Leads meetings to discuss proposal strategies as needed.
- Actively participates in institutional funder cultivation and stewardship, including the scheduling of meetings, site visits, preparation of compelling correspondence (briefings, presentations, etc.), and active participation in donor appreciation activities, site visits and events
- Conducts prospect research to support Win’s wide array of funding needs and develops creative funder outreach strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. required;
- Successful track record of fundraising success for a major non-profit organization; ideally 5+ years of successful experience;
- Superb formal writing skills with a particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner;
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate relationships with funders and key strategic partners;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and perform under deadlines and changing schedule;
- Ability to be a strong team player and willingness to work as part of a team with shared responsibility and accountability; and
- Strong interest in professional growth and development in the fundraising field.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Commuter Transit Check
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit: https://winnyc.hyrell.com/UI/Views/Applicant/VirtualStepCareers.aspx