1625 Massachutsetts Ave. NW
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong program development and implementation skills for the position of Program Coordinator, Human Rights.
The Program Coordinator will support the Voices Against Violence Initiative, with specific focus on providing case management for the urgent assistance component of the program as well as programmatic support for the Initiative’s projects. The Program Coordinator’s work will also include cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Program Manager for Human Rights.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally and domestically. Provide case management for urgent financial assistance component of the VAV program
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Provide support for management of sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports
- Financial Management: Assist with drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners, particularly related to emergency financial assistance program. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors
- Communications: Support the creation of one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights team and specific program. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience required
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence
- Experience providing case management in the context direct service provision strongly preferred, with preference for GBV case management experience
- Experience living, working and/or studying in Sub Saharan and/or MENA region strongly preferred
- Advanced foreign language skills required in French. Language skill in both French and Arabic is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
- Experience with database management
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce)
The Human Rights Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position. Some evening, weekend and holiday working hours are required for the urgent financial assistance portion of the program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. Authorization to work in the United States is required.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Level of Language Proficiency
Advanced foreign language skills required in French and/or Arabic
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Resume and cover letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.