196 Mercer Street
College Advising Corps (CAC) is an independent non-profit organization that works to increase the rates of college enrollment and completion among low-income, first-generation college and underrepresented high school students. CAC supports students nationwide through two innovative program models. The in-school model places well-trained, recent college graduates from our 25 partner universities as full-time college advisers in high schools across the nation. The virtual model leverages technology to connect well-trained, recent college graduates with high-achieving, low- and-moderate income students across the nation. We believe that every student deserves the opportunity to enter and complete higher education and are committed to supporting students as they navigate the complex processes of college admissions, financial aid, and enrollment.
The Special Projects Coordinator will play a central role in ensuring adherence to programmatic policies and procedures for the NYU College Advising Corps program. Project work ranges from data analysis related to adviser impact and performance and operational systems efficiency, to coordinating candidate recruitment, finance, technology, social media campaign and tracking and more. In addition to maintaining the program's administrative systems and routines, the Special Projects Coordinator interacts with a wide variety of constituents and must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The Special Projects Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director/Program Manager and will have latitude to exercise independent judgement and decision making pertaining to project owned. The Special Projects Coordinator is an entry-level position on our team, and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Special Projects Coordinator will be a self-starter with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2 years of experience. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following competencies and attributes:
• Can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission;
• Unwavering commitment to executing with excellence;
• Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, and trust;
• Experience cultivating relationships within a school community in New York;
• Demonstrated comfort working independently with remote team members;
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning, critical thinking, and organizational skills;
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Exceptional attention to detail and execution of projects
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, oral, and presentation skills;
• Creativity and/or design experience;
• Experience managing social media accounts;
• Bachelor's degree required.
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Tuition Remission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.