Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
335 Adams St
Achievement First is currently seeking a passionate and creative Associate Product Manager to bring strong operations and communication skills to a leading charter school management organization committed to using technology to drive academic results. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Associate Product Manager will play a key role in implementing, managing and supporting network-wide student and staff data systems as well as digital learning titles used in the classroom. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to gain on the ground experience with a wide variety of education technology products from a district-based perspective.
Responsibilities of the Associate Product Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Managing vendor relationships to ensure that system requirements are implemented as expected and escalating technical issues for timely resolution
- Developing and executing on internal product roadmaps in consultation with IT support and other Systems & Data colleagues
- Engaging instructional teams and soliciting feedback from schools to ensure ongoing end user needs are being met
- Overseeing annual procurement and purchasing process of ditigal learning titles for each Achievement First school
- Establishing and implementing system policies and user best practices
- Documenting recurring procedures, project plans and process maps
Skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate meets most of the criteria below and is eager to learn and develop in all of them.
- Lean project manager and systems thinker able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented critical thinker able to use data and problem-solving skills to propose solutions and run with them
- Enthusiasm for learning and supporting new technologies and systems
- Knack for customer service and a “whatever it takes” approach
- Strong communicator with superior written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable using data management tools
- Able manipulate, clean and review data using tools like Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP)
- Basic familiarity with SQL is a plus
- Results-focused team player, able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Strong academic performance at the undergraduate level
- 1+ years (including internships) project management experience, ideally with technology-based projects
- Experience in K-12 education is a plus
Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Complete this application form to submit both a cover letter and resume: https://goo.gl/8mVAr4. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter please describe your overall interest in the position and how your professional and/or academic background make you a good fit.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling-basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.