Details: Non-Exempt Position
National professional membership organization is seeking a qualified Membership and Development Manager.
Our office is currently located in the town of Sonoma with possible future move to Petaluma.
Founded in 1993, The Bread Bakers Guild of America is a non-profit alliance of professional bakers, farmers, millers, suppliers, educators, students, home bakers, technical experts, and bakery owners and managers.
Our Artisan Baking Community is a community who work together to support the principle and the practice of producing the highest quality baked goods. Our members are a funky, iconoclastic, independent, creative and colorful group who value and promote baking education and thrive on the lively exchange of ideas.
The Guild is today a community of 2,300 members from across the United States and around the world. The Guild counts among its membership both a veritable “Who’s Who” of celebrated artisan bakers, as well as the next generation of bakers.
The Bread Bakers Guild of America has dedicated itself to advancing the artisan baking profession. The Guild is well known in the baking community as the go-to educational resource for substantive, accurate information on the craft of making bread. If you want to know how to make incomparable bread—mix it, ferment it, shape it, bake it and sell it, you've come to the right place. The materials and activities generated by The Guild are available nowhere else! They represent the cutting edge in providing the tools needed to produce the highest quality bread products.
- Directing and implementing all membership activities, develops programs designed to increase and retain members including informational/communication tools, as well as maintaining/improving membership
- benefits and database.
- Effectively communicate organization's values, benefits, programs and services.
- Provide exceptional service to prospective members/members as their first point of contact.
- Oversee/update membership database including renewal and invoice processing, membership applications, etc. to ensure accuracy and accessibility.
Up to $500 monthly Medical Insurance reimbursement
Annual Accrued Paid Time-Off
- 2 Weeks Vacation
- 3 Sick Days
- 2 Personal Days
Level of Language Proficiency
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a membership professional, preferably with a non-profit organization with senior-level management and supervisory experience with volunteer participants.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision and have strong organizational,
- interpersonal, verbal, written and project management skills.
- Experience with project/events management and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing membership database software and Microsoft Office Word, Excel,
- Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to utilize online social media to promote/market to members and potential members.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the required experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please include the following:
- Cover letter
- Salary History