The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Sr. Information Technology Project Manager manages and leads medium/large scale, highly complex business-critical IT projects or multiple complex projects. They establish project goals and success factors, develops project plans, budgets and schedules with input and buy-in from key stakeholders and team members with minimal direction. They lead the project teams to successfully achieve those goals in the most cost-effective and time-saving manner possible. Throughout the project lifecycle, they monitor and measure project progress, conduct corrective action as necessary, communicate project status information to all stakeholders, perform risk management, and resolve issues and controls project scope and quality. The Senior Project Manager ensures coordination between multiple TNC departments, IT units, TNC partners, vendors and volunteers. The Senior Project Manager obtains go/no-go decisions at all project decision points from the Steering Committees and identifies and obtains approval for all project deliverables from the appropriate teams. They lead the cross-organizational, cross-functional project team in using IT and PMO methodologies and processes and ensure all TNC standards are met. They work with senior management to develop and enhance IT strategies, methodologies, processes and standards, create templates, and selects and implements project management tools. They research and incorporate industry best practices as appropriate for IT. They provide project management mentorship for project leads as requested, and work with supervisors of team members to assist in their professional development. They act as a resource to other project managers to provide project management guidance and expertise. May manage a multidisciplinary team of professional and support staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 6 years of experience in an IT environment, including 5 years of IT project management experience.
· Experience using project management techniques and tools including office tools such as the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
· Experience managing a project team and the schedule and financial aspects of large highly complex projects.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural cross-cultural experience appreciated.
· Experience in leading effective teams.
· Supervisory skills a plus.
· Current PMP Certification strongly preferred.
· Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project and Smartsheet.
· Effectively communicates via presentations, direct communications and documentation.
· Demonstrated ability to manage highly complex, large scaled projects or multiple medium scale projects in a large, decentralized organization.
· Experience in a global organization.
· Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills. Results driven.
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest…
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received, and the position will remain open until filled. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received, and the position will remain…