315 Avenue U
An Invitation to Apply for the Position of
Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School
Brooklyn, New York
About Coney Island Prep
Coney Island Prep is a college preparatory public charter school in Brooklyn, New York. Merging growth, performance and commitment, the Coney Island Prep community takes its responsibility to prepare students for the college and career of their choice very seriously. Professionals balance their sense of ownership and responsibility with humility and levity and are supported every step of the way.
Coney Island Prep currently serves over 1,000 scholars across its three schools, including 300 scholars in kindergarten–fourth grade at the elementary school; 360 scholars in fifth–eighth grades at the middle school; and 350 scholars in ninth-twelfth grade at the high school. The mission of Coney Island Prep is to prepare every student to succeed in the college and career of their choice. We achieve success through a rigorous academic program in a supportive and structured school community.
There is no more urgent task than to educate students from low-income backgrounds. So we hire professionals who are committed to the core. It’s high-energy, fast-paced, tiring and sometimes all-consuming. But we wouldn’t have it any other way. And neither would you. You own your work and when you reach your goals, you reach higher. Our leaders work incredibly hard, and are inspired by the urgency of what we do. We need leaders who aren’t afraid to ask for help, feedback, and support. They’re driven by personal responsibility, data, and results, and they’re not above doing whatever’s asked. They make friends at work, smile through hectic days, and add a little levity in along the way.
What We Have to Offer
There are plenty of ways you can make an impact. And our team is all in. You have the opportunity to work with students at all achievement levels and a strong core to guide your work. There’s always someone who’s got your back from coaching you through a bad day to helping you with a lesson plan. Our professionals are well-compensate in the industry. And while the environment can be hectic and ever-changing, you’ll have all of the technology and caffeine you need to get the job done.
What We Want In Return
You have to be all in too. You own your work and when you reach your goals, you reach higher. Our professionals easily commit to a 50 – 60 hour work-week on average, and are inspired by the urgency of what we do. We need professionals who aren’t afraid to ask for help, feedback, and support. They’re driven by personal responsibility, data, and results, and they’re not above doing whatever’s asked. They make friends at work, smile through hectic days, and add a little levity in along the way.
The Talent Associate will support all functions of the People team, including recruitment, human resources, performance management, and employee programs. This is an ideal role for someone looking to get broad experience and exposure to human resources at large. The Talent Associate will be hired by the Chief People Officer and report to the Chief People Officer and Director of Recruitment.
Qualifications, Mindset and Experience
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Professional demeanor, relentless work ethic, and excellent organizational skills
- Self-reflective and open to regular feedback
- Interpersonal skills to foster excellent relationships with families, scholars and staff
- Passionate dedication to Coney Island Prep’s mission, with a steadfast belief that all students deserve preparation for the college and career of their choice
- Detail and solutions-oriented mindset
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Moderate to strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel) and Google Drive
Staff Recruitment (About 50% of Your Time)
· Manage online job postings for open positions for which we are actively recruiting
· Represent Coney Island Prep at various careers fairs in and outside of New York City (some travel required)
· Assist in various stages of application, resume review, and reference checks for select positions
· Manage inventory and distribution of recruitment materials to new and prospective hires
· Coordinate candidate scheduling and assist on-campus visits and interviews
· Collaborate regularly on ways to improve our recruitment, hiring, an onboarding processes
Human Resources (About 30% of Your Time)
· Coordinate and assist in on-boarding for new hires
· Respond to general employee inquiries regarding payroll, benefits, paid time off, and more
· Compile relevant payroll and tax information for annual audit reports
· Drive systems of compliance, specifically around teacher certification
Performance and People Systems (About 20% of Your Time)
· Manage data systems for performance management and evaluation
· Additional responsibilities as needed
· Compile and share weekly data reports to equip team members with timely and relevant information
Benefits and Compensation
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- As a regular full time employee of Coney Island Prep School, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental and vision, as well as a generous retirement benefit package.
- Staff members are provided with laptops and access to all the necessary technology and resources needed to succeed in their work.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should go to http://coneyislandprep.org/careers/career-opportunities to apply for available jobs. Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, citizenship or disability.