Early Learning Policy and Advocacy Manager
- Job posted by Child Care Resources, King County and Pierce County
Purpose: The Early Learning Policy and Advocacy Manager is tasked with leading the organization’s public policy advocacy at the local and state levels. This position will focus on leading the organization’s public policy direction and engagement. They are responsible for building relationships directly with stakeholders, building staff skills around effective advocacy and developing collateral materials to educate and support the agency’s policy work. They have direct responsibility for the promotion of quality child care in the community and for developing and managing relationships and contracts. This position represents the specific interests of King and Pierce Counties.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Nature & Scope: The Early Learning Policy and Advocacy Manager is a member of the Agency Management Team and as such, is responsible for actively contributing to the strategic objectives of the organization . This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer. They are accountable to:
• Listen and learn from the experiences of families and early learning providers, research, and data to inform and strengthen both the development and implementation of policy for early learning programs and systems
• Develop and advocate for local and state early childhood policies that will close the opportunity gap through greater access to high-quality early learning
• Advocate administratively for effective policy implementation focused on advancing quality early learning experiences (licensed and family, friend and neighbor caregiving)
• Develop and implement legislative, communications, and mobilization strategies for early learning, in alignment with Child Care Resource’s mission
• Provide internal leadership of early learning policy work, including integration of organizational work providing services for families and early learning providers into policy development and implementation
• Represent Child Care Resources; interests externally in early learning policy
• Build and maintain relationships with organizational partners, funders, policymakers, state agency staff, and a wide range stakeholders
• Work with a variety of city, county (King/Pierce), and state partners on policy development and advocacy
• Develop and disseminate written materials
• Work with fund development to develop funding for the agency’s advocacy work
The Early Learning Policy and Advocacy Manager works cooperatively with the Provider and Family Services Directors to identify areas of alignment, overlap and opportunities for cross-team collaboration and engagement.
The Early Learning Policy and Advocacy Manager works cooperatively with Business Services to ensure grant compliance, maintenance of ongoing day to day operations, including the collection of timesheets and payroll related paperwork, addressing MIS and software issues, addressing personnel issues and needs and insuring that check requests and approval of payment occurs in a timely fashion.
Comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, AD&D and Life Insurance. 100% employer paid for employee coverage. Additional voluntary coverage available. 401k, generous PTO, Extended Illness benefit and paid holidays. Generous package!
Minimum Education Required