575 Eighth Avenue
Founded in 1975, Urban Pathways provides homeless New Yorkers with the services and assistance necessary to become stable develop their ability to live independently and move into housing, ultimately benefiting from the pride and security that comes with having a home.
We are currently seeking several Full-Time Case Managers positions available at our programs located in Manhattan & the Bronx.
As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient. Reporting to the Director of Social Services/Social Services Supervisor, the Case Manager's duties include:
- Provides comprehensive case management services for assigned clients including but not limited to crisis intervention, advocacy, assistance in problem solving, assessment, conflict resolution, entitlements, training on daily living skills, and referrals.
- Assesses client needs and develops service plans and client objectives to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Conducts field work including but not limited to home visits, escorting clients to appointments, and outreach.
- Monitors client medication as required.
- Maintains and submits all necessary documents and reports as required by Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community services and resources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Social Work or other related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of clinical, individual or group counseling experience with mentally ill, formerly homeless people preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with on-line chart record data bases such as AWARDS a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Clean driving record a plus.
Strong benefits Package
Minimum Education Required