We are seeking an administrative associate to support the work of the Economic Security Project. This role supports the Managing Director, co-chairs, and other staff in executing daily responsibilities including meeting and travel coordination, event logistics, and calendar management. The individual will prepare expense and grant reports, monitor contracts, and assist in the creation of critical organizational documents.
The Administrative Associate would report to the Managing Director and work closely with the entire Economic Security Project team. The ideal candidate is highly organized, possesses excellent communication skills, and has impeccable attention to detail. They thrive in a fast-paced work environment that prizes creative thinking, low ego, effectiveness, and an all-hands-on-deck approach.
In a time of immense wealth, no one should live in poverty, nor should the middle class be consigned to a future of permanent stagnation or anxiety. Automation, globalization, and financialization are changing the nature of work, and these shifts require us to rethink how to provide economic opportunity for all.
The Economic Security Project is a network committed to advancing the debate on a guaranteed income in the United States and is co-chaired by future of work instigator Natalie Foster, Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes, and Roosevelt Institute Fellow Dorian Warren. The Managing Director is Taylor Jo Isenberg.
- Provide high level support to the leadership team by proactively managing internal and external schedules, travel arrangements, expense reports, and report updates;
- Coordinate meetings and events by producing written materials, executing logistics, and taking notes;
- Support financial and accounting activities by processing invoices, maintaining vendor documentation, reconciling monthly credit card expenses, and other related duties;
- Compile information on critical topics, summarize academic papers, and create summary documents; and
- Develop and maintain organizational documentation, systems, reports, processes, etc.
- One to two years of experience in an administrative or secretarial role preferred
- A strong interest in public policy and economic development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as their Google counterparts (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work on deadline, adapt to changing situations, handle confidential information, and switch between different projects and tasks on short notice
- Experience with Trello, Salesforce and Slack a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This position is based in San Francisco. The Administrative Associate will report to the Managing Director. Compensation will fall within the salary range for associate level positions in San Francisco. This position is full time and considered non-exempt from FLSA overtime rules.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Note that we’ll use the cover letter as a writing and research sample.
Hopewell Fund Careers
Economic Security Project is a project of the Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The Hopewell Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required