Details: Commensurate with Experience
535 west 116
The Manager, Communications & Projects is responsible for managing correspondence and communications for the Office of the President, preparing presidential briefings, supervising a Coordinator, and executing ad-hoc research projects within the office. Maintaining confidentiality and exhibiting discretion is essential.
- Supervises Communications & Projects Coordinator, manages workflow, and ensures effective team communication and collaboration.
- Manages special and confidential projects as assigned. Must have a clear understanding of office and university objectives and departmental style guides and be able to access appropriate research, create an organizational structure for information, and confirm the accuracy of data. Accountable for ad-hoc content-driven research and topical issue expertise, and for preparing research and issue summaries for office leadership.
- Prepares presidential briefings, which requires collaboration with internal and external partners, composition, research compilation, fact-checking, proofreading, resourcefulness, and adherence to the highest levels of confidentiality and broad outreach to offices both within and outside the University. Analyzes large amounts of information and distills it to the most precise, condensed, pertinent copy, organizing the information appropriately so that documents are clear and flow effectively.
- Responsible for day-to-day managerial, organizational, and operational support to senior team staff.
- Works closely with the senior team staff in maintaining and managing the presidential archives, including critical analysis and curation of content.
- Reviews, researches, and routes/directs incoming correspondence (hard mail and select email) for the Office of the President.
- Drafts, proofreads, manages, and executes outgoing correspondence on behalf of the Office of the President.
- Maintains and manages detailed and up-to-date digital and hard copy files and database records of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Manages the annual presidential holiday card project (image selection, design approval, formalizing list of recipients, and coordination distribution) and holiday gift project (research, ordering, preparing for delivery, and distribution).
- Provides back-up support as needed for Office of the President administrative support, including front desk coverage.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade:
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of three years of related experience.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Superior work ethic, discretion, and adherence to confidentiality required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary. Must exhibit a high degree of accuracy and detail-orientation in all aspects of work and an ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and must work as a team player. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, including ability to create complex spreadsheets, manage databases, and generate reports. Must be consistently punctual and able to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Familiarity with higher education constituencies, structure, and administration highly desirable.
Minimum Education Required