1400 K Street NW
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
The Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the finance team in two main roles: business analysis and project/data management. This individual will oversee the administration of the organization’s financial management and forecasting system, Adaptive Insights, and support various cross-cutting projects related to system improvements. In addition, given our size, the position manages certain governance and operations functions in close communication with the CEO and CFO.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy, have the ability to quickly learn and ramp up on internal processes and policies, possess a keen eye for detail, and have excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
ABOUT GRAMEEN FOUNDATION
● Work in conjunction with the Finance Manager, Business & Financial Analysis to prepare concise summaries of budgets and financial status for Grameen Foundation management including findings to inform decision-making.
● Work closely with Finance department to ensure timely, accurate and relevant information is available to program, regional teams, and supporting departments.
● In coordination with the CFO, Business Analysts and Financial Manager, actively assist with the Organization’s budgeting process and mid-year forecast, including serving as the lead in managing and administering Adaptive Insights, including uploading relevant data, preparing reports and supporting the budget and forecast process.
● Provide analytical and operational support for department budgets (i.e. Finance, Marketing/Communications, Development/Fundraising). This includes monitoring spending against budgets, entering relevant financial information into GF’s financial system, and preparing necessary reports and analysis for team members.
● Assist with management of program budgets, including budget tracking, analysis, and reporting.
● Monitor and report on grants.
● Assist with the creation of program budgets for proposals.
● Perform financial analysis and special projects as assigned.
Project and Data Management
● Act as administrator for Grameen’s financial management and forecasting software, Adaptive Insights (AI):
○ Ensure accuracy and integrity of data, including uploading monthly data from Great Plains and Replicon, updating existing reports, and creating new reports.
○ Evaluate the system’s performance to discover ways of enhancing it, making updates as appropriate.
○ Troubleshoot data-related problems and recommend maintenance or modifications.
○ Act as first point of contact for training new users in the system.
● Assist with cross-cutting system improvement projects in conjunction with the CFO, Financial Manager, and Director of IT.
● Manage the Grameen Foundation board meetings by coordinating the preparation of meeting materials (including reports, resolutions, agenda and additional documentation as needed), communicating with board members on various issues, and selecting and implementing meeting venue.
● Support CFO in PowerPoint presentations for board committees and the board.
● Support CFO by handling insurance and leases.
● Serve as back-up on certain accounting tasks.
● Serve as back-up occasionally on certain operations tasks.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Experience using accounting software, forecasting tool, Salesforce, Concur, Excel, Word, Google products and Box.com strongly preferred. Adaptive Insights tool is a plus.
● At least 1 years of experience managing program budgets, including budget tracking, analysis, and reporting.
● Excellent cross-cultural skills and proven ability to work with diverse people and institutions.
● High level of dependability, confidentiality, and integrity.
● Strong initiative for implementing process improvements based on team needs.
● Ability to work with internal and external groups or work independently with minimal supervision.
● Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills, strong detail-orientation and efficiency.
● Strong oral and written communication skills including English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
● At least 3 years of work experience in an office.
● Experience with nonprofits, overseas work experience, or work with global organizations a strong plus.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or other related field.
● Experience with learning new software and tools.
● At least 1 year of experience managing financial data and creating financial reports.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to grameenfoundation.org - Join Out Team