Organization Overview: For twenty years, Futures and Options has empowered New York City's underserved youth to explore careers through career development and paid, mentored internships. We reach out to teens at a formative time of their lives, guiding them to further their education and become contributing citizens. Our model program enables New York's underserved youth to gain much-needed access to the economic mainstream, work-readiness training and support from caring adults. At the same time, the New York City business community is connected to a pipeline of promising, motivated and diverse young interns.
Job Description: The program assistant will be an integral part of the Futures and Options team, working closely with our program coordinators to ensure organized and efficient delivery of our career development programs. The program assistant will handle a wide range of support responsibilities, which include general administrative tasks, primarily related to our programming, and database support. We are seeking candidates who believe in our mission and thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The major responsibilities for this position are:
- Track incoming student applications, schedule group and one-on-one interviews, and manage communication between applicants and Futures and Options.
- Enter and maintain student, school and nonprofit partner information.
- Enter, maintain, and analyze program evaluation data.
- Oversee interns’ timesheets: track, follow-up, review, and tally hours.
- Contribute to ongoing program development by designing and implementing data collection systems, especially as related to application tracking and intern payroll procedures; provide training and support to Program staff on new systems.
- Preparing materials for career development workshops and events.
- Maintain and update program calendars.
- Manage reception responsibilities, including answering phones and greeting guests.
- Manage program supply inventory.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and schedule and confirm appointments.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of office.
- Assist with maintenance of office equipment (printers, copier, postage machine, phones).
- Provide support and coordination for other tasks and projects as requested by program team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organization and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and outstanding phone/email etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a varied workload.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work on a team.
- Experience with CRM software (Reviewr, Raisers Edge, DonorPro, Salesforce, etc.) is a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to James Gurney (email@example.com) with Program Assistant as the subject line.
No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.