136 Rivet Street
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Executive Director will represent the Your Theatre Performing Arts Center at community events and in communications with donors, volunteers, and other community organizations and will report directly to the YTI Board of Directors.
This is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week) with the possibility of leading to full-time employment, pending the achievement of specific fundraising and project goals. Initially, job duties will be comprised of those listed in the Operational & Program Development and Fundraising sections below. As the Arts Center project progresses, venue related duties such as promoting and booking the building will be introduced.
The individual hired for this position will collaborate closely with both the YTI Business Manager and the Artistic Director Team who oversee programming / production operations and who also directly report to YTI Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will work with YTI’s highly engaged volunteer corps for support in all aspects of the position.
Operational & Program Development:
· Represent YTI at community events and promote awareness of mission to outside individuals and organizations
· Diversify community outreach to build and nurture collaborations and partnerships with local and area arts and cultural organizations
· Achieve goals of the Performing Arts Center as set forth by YTI board of directors
· Create a development strategy that includes investigating and securing diversified contributed revenue sources
· Conduct institutional prospect research and write targeted proposals
· Assist WHALE in the ongoing capital campaign for building rehabilitation
· Establish and manage donor and volunteer relationships
· Maintain high standards of donor record keeping including donor privacy and confidentiality policies
· Participate in finding, developing and maintaining sponsors for YTI productions and special events
· Design and implement a venue promotion strategy to attract other professional, civic, and private organizations as paying users of the facility
· Identify and recruit customers to utilize the space on a non-interfering basis with YTI events
IDEAL CANDIDATE TRAITS:
We are seeking an outgoing, highly motivated self-starting employee who thrives in social settings and possesses strong organizational capabilities. Other desired skills include:
· Familiarity with or willingness to learn about and cooperate with the local arts and cultural organizations
· A genuine passion for the performing arts of the SouthCoast area, specifically within the greater New Bedford community
· Demonstrated ability to identify grant opportunities and write successful proposals
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
· A minimum of three years non-profit experience with a successful track record including fundraising
· Experience with grants, applications and program management
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
· Proficiency with graphic design is a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required