Reports to: Vice President of Finance and Administration
Exemption Status: Exempt
To enable our agency to optimize the capabilities of all selected systems and generate critical data, the Project Manager is responsible for the management of all information technology systems and data management procedures. This position works closely with agency leadership and staff to ensure that the technology needs of Ignite staff, board of directors, and donors are met. Success of this would be confirmed through the implementation of measurements which enable us to report the effectiveness and impact of our mission.
With the use of basic technical knowledge and assigned external consulting support, this position will analyze, manage, and enrich data elements, and ensure that data meets all grant and regulatory requirements. This position will also provide data governance and ensure data integrity by coordinating data management efforts across the organization. Overall project management responsibilities include: vendor management; ability to document; define and communicate business and systems requirements for technology implementation to help deliver expected strategic business benefits to the organization. Ultimately, this position collaborates with all department activities and provide ongoing guidance and support to achieve project, team, and agency goals.
Project Management - The individual in this position is responsible for leading, generating and coordinating data analytics organization-wide, including driving, and managing reports, dashboards, and ongoing system improvements.
- Manages relationship with the organization’s IT consultant. Acts as the main point of contact to oversee technical procedures including but not limited to the acquisition, installation, and maintenance of the organization-wide hardware and software initiatives.
- Drives the implementation of IT solutions and processes to streamline functions and improve productivity.
- Works closely with External Relations & Philanthropy (ERP) team to identify and implement appropriate software solutions for ERP functions.
- Ensures documents and certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates and domains, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated, and processed.
- Works with VP of Finance and Administration on periodic IT budgeting exercises to ensure proper communication and planning of current/future technology needs may be addressed.
- Participates in the organization’s strategic planning process, specifically regarding technology planning and to ensure and understanding of organization-wide software/hardware needs are addressed.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional tasks as assigned.
Database Management and Evaluation:
- Work closely with the key stakeholders by providing management oversight for the Salesforce CRM platform. This includes but is not limited to the configuration, reporting, training, support, roll-out and maintenance of the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Works closely with the Program leadership team and leads the design and production of data collection instruments for use with various Ignite program databases. Databases include, but are not limited to, Salesforce and HMIS.
- Leads, designs, and implements efficient organizational performance measurement systems that allow accurate, reliable information collection and reporting.
- Oversees the monitoring of data quality and assists program leadership in the development of long-term strategic goals for high data quality and appropriate data use.
- Works with ERP and Finance teams to develop and maintain reports for various private and public funders.
- Ensures that information systems, data collection, and processes follow funder requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Stay current with all organization-wide software releases and corresponding documentation and provide new functionalities and solutions as needed.
- Aids the end users regarding the preparation and analyses of reports.
- Coordinates the timelines and activities for multiple data projects.
- Consults with departments concerning the importance of data requirements.
- Helps to design transparent, standardized and easily accessible procedures for capturing, integrating, and distributing measurement data across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., project management, computer science, office administrator etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience with data administration and management functions (collection, entry, analysis, distribution etc.).
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere and articulate system needs/direction in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with excellent organization, planning, and attention to details in collaboration with others.
- Ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate internal processes and collaborations with external vendors.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and able to prioritize efforts.
- Commitment to Ignite’s mission.
Job Type: Full-time