40 Wall Street
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES:
· Prepare, process and maintain the following bookkeeping functions and accounts with limited supervision by the Financial Controller.
o Cash Receipts
§ Process checks, money orders and credit card payments for membership, training, fee based programs and camp (no donations or contributions)
§ Distribute copies of all cash receipts to Development, Membership and Program departments
§ Enter Data monthly into ADILIA
o Accounts Receivables
§ Enter receivables for pledges, membership dues, program fees and cookies
§ Generate A/R Aging Reports and follow up on outstanding receivables
o Assist in month-end close process
o Process Wire Transfers for the Council
o Reconciles Citibank Positive Pay issues
o Back-up on Accounts Payable
o Back-up to Payroll if the Accountant is not available
· Apply knowledge of GSGNY policies and procedures to assist the Financial Controller in facilitating a smooth day-to-day workflow in the Finance Department. Serve as backup to the Accountant in her absence.
· Research and prepare financial schedules and analyses, as assigned by the Financial Controller.
· Maintain the sub-ledger database of donations and contributions within the Development department.
· Help maintain GSGNY financial records and files.
· Utilize GSGNY’s computer system for maximum efficiency in the processing and preparation of financial data and reports.
· Maintain a strict code of confidentiality in all appropriate matters.
· Provide customer service to staff and volunteers in financial matters.
· Responsible for the processing of the Commuter Check.
· Work with the Data Recording team to accurately process membership payments.
· Assist Finance in preparing for annual audit.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Experience in a not-for-profit accounting department or experience as a Girl Scout, Volunteer or Leader
· 5+ years experience.
· Thorough knowledge of accounting. Accounting Degree preferred.
· Knowledge of A/R, journal entries and payroll processing.
· Proficiency with SAGE MIPS, Raiser’s Edge and MS Excel.
· Familiarity with the MS Office Suite including MS Word and Outlook.
· Excellent mathematical and organizational skills.
· Ability to budget time and perform tasks in a timely manner.
· Ability to work with and assist others.
· Good customer service skills.
· Experience with a not-for-profit accounting department, or Girl Scout, Volunteer or Leader, a plus
Minimum Education Required