Do you have experience, passion and commitment building relationships with staff, vendors and business entities? Then WOAR-Philadelphia Center Against Sexual Violence needs you! WOAR is looking for a dynamic Office Manager/HR Specialist to join its team.
WOAR provides an array of services to support people, who have experienced sexual assault or sexual violence. These services include free counseling for adult and child survivors of sexual violence a 24/7 Sexual Violence Crisis Hotline, medical and court accompaniment, community outreach and education programs to prevent sexual violence.
Summary of Position: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Manager/HR Specialist is a member of the Leadership Team and oversees the day-to-day administrative support functions of the agency and assists in coordinating all personnel-related matters concerning WOAR’s employees. Due to the sensitive nature of information disseminating from the Management Team and staff, this position maintains a high level of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Supports the administrative functions of the leadership team.
- Train and supervise clerical staff and administrative interns.
- Provides support to agency staff in absence of Management Team.
- Ensures the preparation of monthly, semi-annual and annual reports in accordance with organization and funding guidelines. Reporting functions includes drafting, revisions, preparation of charts, graphs, spreadsheets, final organization of reports and submission.
- Responsible for the preparation, completion and dissemination of all internal reports as assigned by Executive Director.
- Maintain a tracking mechanism of all grant/funder reporting due dates and reminds appropriate staff members of report deadlines. Maintains report files. Ensures that reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Works with agency’s technical support services to ensure that database systems are functioning properly and that automated reporting systems are accurate.
- Oversees the efficient operations of the reception desk. Assist with reception duties by providing necessary coverage in absence of Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee organizational supplies/materials budget.
- Maintain agency equipment, i.e. copier, fax machines, etc.). Interface with vendors and coordinate service if needed).
- Responsible to order literature for agency and maintain literature closet – as needed.
- Support the processing of agency mailings.
- Prepares routine correspondence to both internal and external sources.
- Manages, queries and generates reports from client database.
- Responsible for contacting building services to rectify facilities issues including lighting, HVAC, electrical fixtures and outlets, plumbing issues, housekeeping issues and all other issues that affect the appearance, safety and cleanliness of facility.
Human Resources Specialist
- In conjunction with Management team, schedule appropriate trainings for agency personnel to ensure that staff maintains compliance with funding requirements.
- Complete internal audits of all human resources processes.
- Spearhead recruitment and onboarding efforts.
- Post job ads, review and vet resumes, complete interviews, complete reference checks
- Offer guidance and interventions regarding human resource management issues
- Complete all required human resources trainings.
- Maintain records of personnel trainings.
- Coordinate HR projects, meetings, trainings and employee relations events.
- Provide trainings regarding office safety and procedures for agency personnel to include fire safety, emergency evacuation and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain and audit all personnel files.