BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
The Patron Services Assistant's role is to foster a positive relationship between BAM and its Patrons by way of VIP ticket fulfillment, specialized customer service and event coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all day-to-day functions of the Patron Services office, including ticket orders and reservations via phone and email; event RSVPs; membership renewals; distributing tickets at the Patron Table; and fielding general inquiries.
- Assume event captain responsibilities for performances and events throughout the season, including monitoring ticket inventory, following up on institutional ticket needs and staff requests, coordinating theater seating and submitting requests to the Production department.
- Assist with special events including BAM’s annual Patron celebrations, galas, opening night parties, and ad-hoc receptions
- Process inquiries from Patron members over the telephone.
- Manage Patron Services e-mail inbox and voicemail.
- Manage the daily delivery of paperwork to and from the Box Office, and file all paperwork.
- Distribute tickets for performances at the Patron Table and troubleshoot any ticketing issues.
- Prepare tickets for Box Office pick-up for all events and performances without a Patron Table.
- Assist Director with miscellaneous administrative responsibilities.
- Mail tax receipts for donated tickets.
- Mail order confirmations and tickets.
- Attend weekly interdepartmental meetings, relaying all pertinent information to the Patron Services department.
- Monitor Patron ticket inventory and consult with Director on availability.
- Strategically determine seating for performances.
- Disseminate guest-lists for performances and events to executive staff.
- Follow up on Patron attendance and special needs including dietary and seating preferences.
- Assist with all components of gala preparation, including dinner and theater seating.
- Assist with event check-in tables and on-site logistics.
- Liaise with appropriate departments including Special Events, Patron Programs, Sponsorship, and General Management.
- Attend BAM performances.
- Assist with BAM Board meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent
- Administrative experience and telephone experience (three months minimum)
- Computer literacy – familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Must be able to work irregular hours and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to important organizational partners
- Proficiency in coordinating event logistics.
- Ability to think strategically (primarily regarding last-minute troubleshooting and event seating)
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of patience
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Work/education focus on arts administration
- Knowledge of Tessitura or related database programs
- Interest in BAM programming.
- Interest in working at a performing arts/non-profit organization.
- Experience working as part of a team.
Pay Rate: Full time, $20 per hour plus paid overtime and comprehensive benefits
Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #SceneAtBAM
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.