1100 H Street
District of Columbia
The Coordinator of the President’s Office is primarily responsible for supporting the functions of the Office of the President of NOW. This position requires excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively across different mediums.
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality.
- Manage the president’s schedule, travel logistics, and speaking arrangements as well as manage all of the president’s written and phone correspondence, including internal and external requests and communications
- Draft routine correspondence, edit and manage blog posts.
- Manage Board relations, including scheduling and managing Board Meeting logistics (gathering and transmitting staff reports, hotel contracts and invoice, PSAV, guest lists, GoToWebinar for online meetings, etc.) and disseminating information from the National Action Center.
- Support executive event planning and logistic management for NOW's annual conference and summits
- Coordinate and facilitate Nominating, Election, Committees (scheduling meetings, reporting on applications for officer elections, taking meeting notes and disseminating follow up information.)
- Manage speaker and honoree logistics--invitations, tracking, headshots and bios, travel and hotel
- Give semi-regular reports to staff, create tick-tock for staff duties, and facilitate staff at conference
- General facilitation for Scott Circle
- Manage the NOW internship program including engagement, recruitment, vetting/interviewing, training, and retention
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Passion for women's rights and intersectional feminism
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals across age, race, socio-economic, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and other lines
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: “ATTN: Application for Coordinator – Your Full Name.” Applications will not be considered without all requested information. No phone calls please.
NOW is an equal employment opportunity organization and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, race, age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or parenting status, affectional or sexual orientation, or gender identity.