District of Columbia
Coordinator of Youth Ministry
The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, Holy Trinity Catholic Church is seeking a Coordinator for Youth Ministry and Formation (Youth Minister).
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry is a highly self-motivated, organized and energetic individual who coordinates and maintains parish outreach to our youth. The Coordinator will focus on ministry to teens in grades 9-12 involving elements of religious catechesis, community service, prayer and spirituality and leadership development as well as lead the Confirmation program for grade 7 - 8.
- Program Development
● Creates and develops core group and provides for its enrichment
● Develops leadership skills in youth and young adults
● Plans, coordinates and implements weekend retreats and evenings of prayer reflection
● Coordinates the Youth Confirmation program
- Recruitment and Training of Leaders
● Recruits, trains, assign, and evaluate the youth leaders. Coordinates participation in diocesan-sponsored training programs
● Monitors the efforts of volunteer leaders and evaluates progress
● Defines the responsibilities of each adult leader/advisor
● Submits annual financial report and budget; administers budget throughout the year
● Maintains necessary office and program records, including a log of activities and times
● Initiates procedures for evaluating all aspects of the parish’s ministry to youth
● Supervises and coordinates scheduling of youth events and activities
● Attends monthly staff meetings
● Keeps the parish faith community informed of youth ministry activities and goals
● Advises, communicate and cooperates with other parish and diocesan organizations
● Participates in parish governing structures to insure greater participation of youth in parish life and to facilitate communication and decision-making
● Keeps informed through attendance at diocesan, regional, and national conferences, regular reading, and membership in professional organizations
● Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● Youth ministry experience working with teenagers, preferred
This is a full-time, salaried position. Evening and weekend work are regularly required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and résumé to: Angela Grady, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.