Details: Salary is based on experience.
District of Columbia
The True Colors Fund is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Executive Director & CEO, who is eager to join a fast-growing organization with a collaborative work environment. This is an exciting opportunity to gain solid fundraising, community relations, operations, and administrative experience while making the world a better place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
About the True Colors Fund
Co-founded by Cyndi Lauper, the True Colors Fund works to end homelessness among LGBTQ youth, creating a world where all young people can be their true selves. The True Colors Fund is building a national movement to ensure that no young person experiences homelessness due to their sexual orientation or gender identity – and if a young person does experience homelessness, that the programs meant to support them are safe, inclusive, and affirming.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director & CEO, including project support, correspondence, expense reports, and managing schedules.
- Anticipate the Executive Director & CEO’s needs and provide necessary support.
- Proactively manage Executive Director & CEO’s meeting and travel arrangements, prepare meeting materials, and handle post-meeting/trip follow-up and correspondence.
- Assist the Executive Director & CEO with the preparation and planning for Board of Directors meetings and calls.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
Fundraising and Community Relations Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Director & CEO in maintaining and improving a strong donor, funder, and community relationship management program. This includes:
- Ensuring the organization's donors and funders are acknowledged for their support in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining donor records in Salesforce database, ensuring data integrity, and conducting regular and timely reporting.
- Coordinating regular communications with donors and funders about the impact of their support.
- Perform and maintain donor and funder research.
- Assist in the creation of fundraising materials, presentations, proposals, and other documents.
- Assist with the execution and fulfilment of online auctions and raffles.
- Provide support for events, including our annual benefit concert Cyndi Lauper & Friends: Home for the Holidays
- Monitor and answer organization’s general voicemail, email, and other correspondence.
- Assist the Executive Director & CEO with the management of the organization's operations, which includes:
- Assisting with monthly financial reconciliation with outside accountants, the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, and the organization’s annual budget, audit, and tax preparation processes.
- Maintaining the daily revenue tracking report and ensuring proper coding of all donations in the donor database and accounting system.
- Coordinating and processing all invoices to ensure timely payment, and ensuring all organizational expenses are properly coded.
- Assisting with the monthly organizational credit card expense reconciliation.
- Coordinating the processing and documentation of all contracts and agreements.
- Other operational duties as needed.
- Proven customer service experience and demonstrated ability to navigate complex projects and problems.
- 1-2+ years of administrative, development, and/or operations support experience, with a desire to grow a career in one or more of those fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles preferred.
- Ability to multitask, a diligent work ethic, and desire to expand skills.
- Familiarity and understanding of LGBTQ and/or homelessness issues.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Database experience required (experience with Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with Gmail and Google Drive preferred
The True Colors Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and people with lived experiences of homelessness to apply.
To learn more, please visit www.truecolorsfund.org.
The True Colors Fund provides a strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as generous vacation time.
Minimum Education Required