Details: Negotiable with Excellent benefits.
1156 15th St., NW
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.5 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is seeking a Digital Manager to join our growing Digital department. This position will play an important role on the team as a digital jack of all trades -- managing the strategy, development, implementation, and evaluation of NARAL’s content on our website, social media, and email communications; as well as contributing to the shaping of our national and state online advocacy campaigns.
Our ideal candidate will be adept at project management and thrive best in collaborative workspaces. He/she will be responsible for driving the development of content from ideation through execution, whether on social, web, or video projects that accompany other digital outreach to aid and advance NARAL’s mission that every person has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. The perfect person for this job is someone who’s passionate about digital activism, is looking to elevate their leadership and management skills, and aspires to lead a team or become a Digital Director down the road.
- Lead on crafting NARAL’s social media content strategy (both short-term and long-term). Ensure social media presence reflects organizational mission and priority campaigns.
- Work closely with digital counterparts from key stakeholders externally across the progressive movement. Lead content creation for partnership campaigns, organize Twitter chats and provide toolkits and all other assets for social media posts.
- Build and execute a strategy for year-over-year growth for all of our relevant social platforms. Develop, target, and track metrics for online campaigns and general social activity; develop digital reports based on these metrics. Utilize findings to improve our outreach, interactions and overall effectiveness on these platforms.
- Provide content direction for a wide variety of projects, including website and microsite content, social media graphics, website graphics, infographics, and videos. Create and maintain editorial calendar.
- Update website content, plan and execute the creation of new sections of the site.
- Act as a liaison between vendors; manage small and large projects with vendors, such as building microsites and producing video.
- Propose and write/edit posts for Medium and our website to capitalize on trends in the news and amplify our campaigns.
- Online advertising: Play a role in creating and executing online ads for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google and other mediums as needed to market our campaigns and programs.
- Manage NARAL’s website and advise affiliate websites (as needed) on website strategy.
- Write and set up email, petition letter and donate pages for online products.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must-have: You’ve led or helped contribute to the social media presence of an organization, company or candidate in a previous role.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in rapid-response scenarios - such as live tweeting rallies or political debates; running Facebook Live videos and responding in a moment’s notice to breaking news.
- You have experience setting content strategy for digital channels and translating that strategy into compelling, relevant online content experiences for various audiences.
- You have social listening experience, and/or social data/analytics reporting skills.
- You have the ability to see the possibility of a story in data and then bring it to life for digital channels.
- You feel comfortable with HTML and CSS, and aren’t afraid to dig into the code in a CMS, CRM, or online database. You have a fundamental understanding of SEO best practices.
- You have excellent written communication, copy editing and research skills, including how to write an engaging campaign narrative, and the ability to tie together the core issues NARAL Pro-Choice America focuses on.
- You have the ability to work independently and without extremely close supervision.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to achieving goals set by leadership
- College degree.
- Three to five years online organizing/digital advocacy, content creation or social media experience required.
- Must have exceptional writing, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strategic communications experience focused on digital storytelling preferred.
- A power user of social media preferred.
- Exemplary editing and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Bonus: You’re familiar with CMS platforms, such as WordPress or CRM platforms such as ActionKit. You have familiarity with HTML.
- Must be pro-choice.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Digital Director
This Position Is: Exempt Union Level IV
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a cover letter to:
Subject line: Digital Manager