230 West 6th Street
Major responsibility is to assist with the daily activities of the School-Age Child Care program (SACC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and delivery of a range of developmentally appropriate programs and activities for 6-12 year-olds. Programming can include, but is not limited to, academic enrichment activities, homework assistance, and athletic and recreational activities. Assess individual children’s needs and provide tutoring, assistance when necessary.
- Serve as a responsible and reliable role model for children participating in the program.
- Supervise and discipline program participants within the program area and throughout the clubhouse. Share concerns and challenges with SACC Director.
- Assist with ensuring afternoon snack is served to participants.
- Assist with maintenance of materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the SACC Director.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand :
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree can replace some of the qualifications needed.
- Minimum six months of related work experience.
- If age 21+, valid driver’s license required and 7D license required or obtained within six months of hire.
- Minimum of five hours of EEC approved training, including a minimum of three months of in-service trainings. Training hours may be completed within first six months of hire.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
Minimum Education Required