Participant Recruiter, Secondary School Programs-Europe, Eurasia, and Senegal
Full Time Temporary
1828 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The four-month Participant Recruiter position serves as the American Councils program representative in the region and is responsible for all aspects of participant recruitment for secondary school programs including: publicizing competitions; interviewing candidates; conducting prerequisite testing; and associated record keeping and reporting. This position requires extensive travel throughout the region assigned, most likely working in more than one country, with long and non-standard work hours including weekends. The Recruiter must also interact with local governmental and educational officials at all levels in disseminating information about the programs and coordinating the testing process. The position reports to the Manger for Field Operations, Secondary School Programs and the Program Hub Director. The position is a short-term, full-time position beginning late August and ending in December 2018.
Possible countries include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Attend initial training conference in August in Ukraine;
- Coordinate recruitment activities to ensure the timely and proper conduct of the competition;
- Interact with local educational authorities;
- Organize and arrange testing locations;
- Conduct testing;
- Organize and participate in meetings with candidates and their parents;
- Conduct interviews with semi-finalist candidates;
- Complete all document and material processing;
- Conduct publicity outreach with local office;
- Complete all reporting on finances and recruitment activities.
- Program administration experience;
- High proficiency (fluency preferred) in language or languages spoken in one or more of the above countries required;
- Experience traveling extensively under difficult conditions;
- Experience with multitasking in a time intensive environment;
- Experience in reporting and budget management;
- Experience studying in a U.S high school environment required;
- BA in relevant field (e.g. appropriate area language, or area studies, education, etc.) required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Select this link and follow the prompts: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=58AA089E0E2C786B7FE4217373F3BCBD&job=9538&jpt=
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.