135 North Mission Road
Organization: IMPACTO Youth Program at Proyecto Pastoral
Type of Work: Full-Time
Location: Boyle Heights, Los Angeles
Proyecto Pastoral works in the economically and politically disenfranchised community of Boyle Heights to empower community personally and socially by developing grassroots projects in education, leadership, and service. IMPACTO (Imaginando Mañana Pico Aliso Community Team Outreach) is a program of Proyecto Pastoral.
IMPACTO Youth Program is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a High SchoolSchool Academic Case Manager (ACM). The ACM will oversee college and career readiness programming for high school youth through academic case management and group mentoring. The ideal candidate is a successful youth worker with a solutions-oriented mindset, and a commitment to building excellent programs for youth. Candidates must also understand and value Proyecto Pastoral/ IMPACTO comprehensive approach to youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization. Come join an organization that recently celebrated its 30th anniversary offering high-quality programming to youth and families in the Boyle Heights community of Los Angeles.
Proyecto Pastoral is the backbone organization for Promesa Boyle Heights (see below for full description). The Academic Case Manager works closely with the current Promesa Community School Coordinator and Academic Case Manager to support students and families at Roosevelt High School.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor a caseload of 30-40 high school students through regular one-on-one meetings, team meetings, and cohort-based workshops;
- Support youth to meet a set of academic, high school, college & career, and social/ emotional milestones;
- Lead monthly learning and team building experiences for students, such as high school/ college visits, and service projects;
- Collaborate with IMPACTO Program staff to support youth participation in after-school and/or summer activities.
- Coordinate, implement, evaluate and develop IMPACTO college and career readiness initiatives;
- Oversee and coordinate participant preparation and onboarding;
- Assist participants in clearly developing and articulating SMART goals; ensure all participants are making progress toward high school graduation
- Coordinate activities with high school program staff, as well as, Promesa Boyle Heights Community School Coordinators;
- Collaborate with program staff to administration assessments and collect student outcome data;
- Collaborate with directors to assess capacity to deliver services in a community school-based model;
- Provide additional support, as needed to all IMPACTO afterschool and summer programs.
- MSW preferred: Bachelor’s degree with strong youth development experience will be considered;
- Experience working with high school aged youth in academic awareness or high college readiness initiatives;
- Spanish-speaking preferred;
- A background working with diverse learning styles, including Special Education students and students who are not achieving at grade level;
- Experience with data collection and reporting;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person with diverse stakeholders from youth and families to corporate volunteers to internal partners;
- Excellent planning skills, high attention to detail, and a skilled problem solver;
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment and organizational needs as required;
- Deep embodiment of IMPACTO with Proyecto Pastoral’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity, and fun.
Hours are generally 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with some later evenings, weekends, and summer programming required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance.
Proyecto Pastoral was founded in 1986 to empower the community through grassroots projects in education, leadership, and service. Our programs include the Guadalupe Homeless Project (GHP), emergency shelter combined with support services that help men and women transition into independent living; IMPACTO, an after school academic enrichment program for K-12 youth and the Aliso-Pico Recreation Center; Early Childhood Education Centers, focused on preparing children 18 months to 4 years old for Kindergarten; Comunidad en Movimiento, focused on civic engagement and leadership development; and Promesa Boyle Heights. Proyecto Pastoral serves over 4,000 children, youth and families.
Promesa Boyle Heights is a passionate collaborative of residents, youth, schools, local organizations and public/private institutions working together to realize a vision where: 1) every child has an opportunity to learn, grow and succeed from cradle through college and career; 2) families can live a stable, healthy and fulfilling life; and 3) every individual is empowered to act and create a more just and interdependent community. For more information, visit: www.promesaboyleheights.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please a email cover letter and resume as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please visit our website at www.proyectopastoral.org. Only emailed applications will be accepted, please indicate “RHS Academic Case Manager” in the subject of email.
Proyecto Pastoral is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ and people of color are encouraged to apply. Spanish-speaking ability, experience working in nonprofits, and/or Boyle Heights lived experience is a BIG plus.