City Year is seeking a Boston-based Senior Manager of National Corporate Partnerships, a strong and thoughtful relationship-builder leading growth of City Year’s emerging corporate funders and existing national partners to support our mission to enable students to succeed. You will have the opportunity to lead on an initial portfolio of partnerships that will focus on helping students build digital skills, workforce development and college & career readiness. This role will have a direct impact on our ability to support our mission to prepare students with the skills and mindsets to thrive in school and in life.Job Description
In this role, you will ensure that we meet our strategic objective of engaging companies in the education and national service agenda by building and maintaining integrated partnerships that advance the goals of both City Year and the partnering company. As an engaging communicator and project manager, you will serve as the main relationship lead for a portfolio of national corporate partnerships by proactively assessing stakeholder needs and going above and beyond to ensure partnership satisfaction. You’ll hold regular check-ins, deliver reports and guide the strategic growth of those partnerships.
You will be responsible for collaborating with various City Year departments (e.g., Communications, Marketing, Program Design, etc.), senior leadership and staff at our 29 City Year sites across the country to manage, activate partnership elements and grow our corporate partnerships – an excellent opportunity to learn about all facets of the organization and build strong working and collaborative relationships. You’ll coach our sites on key corporate partner initiatives and provide information and resources to assist their work locally. In addition, you will gather data and impact stories and collaborate with our Marketing and Communications team to support the communications strategies (e.g., social media, blogs, etc.) to showcase the impact of our partnership and demonstrate a return on investment to our partners.
A life-long learner, you will be curious and eager to understand all you can about the corporate partners you work with. You’ll be a passionate advocate for the responsibility and opportunity that companies have to positively impact the communities in which they operate. And as you quickly build rapport with your portfolio of corporate partners, you’ll identify opportunities to inspire and grow those relationships into larger, multi-year commitments that invest in the success of our City Year AmeriCorps Members and the students, schools and communities that they serve.
Your outcomes will include:
1) Successfully managing a portfolio of corporate partnerships, delivering on all elements of partnership agreements and reporting back to the companies about the return on their partnership investment.
· Communicate with partners regularly via calls, emails and in-person visits keeping them up to date on partnership activities
· Lead on the internal strategies, communication and coordination of activity across departments including external and internal written communications, impact, leadership, etc. to ensure alignment and effective execution of partnership initiatives
2) Generate renewed and increased commitments from current and potential corporate partners for the following fiscal year.
· Working with a team of colleagues that support the partner relationship, develop and deliver on a plan to cultivate each of your partners over the course of the year
· Continuously seek to better understand your partner companies’ business and corporate responsibility goals, strategies, programs, measurement, etc. so that you can proactively bring new ideas and opportunities for them to increase the return on their partnership with City Year.
3) Provide ongoing communication and effective coaching to engage and support site development teams in driving corporate partnership success.
· Communicate with City Year site staff to ensure sites can successfully activate key national partner initiatives by outlining clear objectives, facilitating best practice sharing and helping to overcome challenges
· Develop site communications templates, briefings and a variety of internal and external communications around partnership activities and reporting requirements
· Assist with increased site funding opportunities where possible with national partners (e.g. facilitating introductions to new sites, supporting asks for increased funding for currently supported sites, etc.)
4) Support corporate revenue strategies and tactics that enable continued growth of corporate partner investment in City Year’s long-term impact
· Partner with experts in our Impact and programmatic teams to identify future investment opportunities within your portfolio partners.
· Continue to cultivate partnerships that support City Year’s policy initiatives like the Voices for National Service Business Council and Friends of National Service Awards
City Year is seeking a Boston-based Senior Manager of National Corporate Partnerships, a strong and thoughtful relationship-builder leading growth of City Year’s emerging corporate funders and existing national partners to support…
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k) plan document. For more information, click here. Employment at City Year is at-will.
City Year’s core values include advancing diversity, social justice for all, and inclusive environments where everyone can thrive. We aspire to become an antiracist organization, to support the holistic growth and development of our AmeriCorps members, and to promote educational equity for all students. We work each day, in partnership with schools and communities, to ensure that people of all identities feel welcome, valued, empowered and engaged.
As an equal opportunity employer, City Year is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
City Year encourages people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); those who are first in their family to attend college; adults without a college degree; LGBTQIA+ community; and people from low-income backgrounds.
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year…
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through…