Details: Commensurate, based on experience
717 Market Street
Watch to learn more:
Job Title: Curriculum Director
Work Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Executive Director
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
Design and implement the next generation of The Last Mile curriculum, and integrate the curriculum into our Learning Management System. Work with classroom facilitators, students, and content partners.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills including clear speaking and empathetic listening.
- Excellent situational awareness, and the ability to remain calm under stress and variable conditions.
- Confidence speaking to groups of various size, primarily in a teaching situation. Should be comfortable sketching concepts and solutions on a whiteboard, and be able to distill complex ideas into understandable components using analogous teaching methods.
- Should be comfortable taking random Q&A, and should know how to properly respond if unable to give an immediate correct answer to a question.
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude at all times. Provide honest and constructive feedback and appropriate encouragement to students.
- Strong proficiency in at least one flavor of UNIX (Linux, BSD, Darwin).
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery, node.
Nice to haves:
- Curriculum development experience.
- Teaching experience of any kind.
- Python knowledge
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Successful completion of a developer bootcamp OR a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Preference given to those with experience working with incarcerated individuals, at-risk youth or similar environment.
- This position will be primarily located in San Francisco, and will require visits to the TLM prison locations
- This position requires ‘brown card’ authorization for prison access which will require completion of on-site training (TBD based on specific prison schedule) and to provide documentation of a negative tuberculosis test. Employee is responsible at all times for following all procedures and precautions for working safely in a prison environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested. Start date is expected ASAP.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration with “Curriculum Director” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.