Full Time Temporary
Details: Salary is based on experience with the possibility of becoming permanent.
5350 Crenshaw Blvd
The LA Black Worker Center (LABWC) seeks an Operations Coordinator who is ready to make history while working with the first Black Worker Center in California, an emerging lead voice on Black work and economic justice.
Under the direction of the Operations Director, the Operations Coordinator will provide accounting, program and administration support for a wide range of responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The Operations Coordinator will be organized, display excellent communication, people skills and maturity, in handling business and confidential situations.
- Ensure invoices, expense reimbursements, deposits and payments are processed and submitted to fiscal sponsor
- Assist with project budget development, review of expenses and grant balances including preparation of monthly reports to prevent over or under spending
- Maintain department and accounting files, records and documentations
- Serve as the first point of contact for vendor technology support of office equipment and systems
- General office organization, maintain office supplies, equipment inventories and purchasing
- Provide logistic support for organizational meetings and events
- Work with department member for facility maintenance of the building
- Support with administrative tasks and assisting management on an as needed basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Solid proficiency with basic accounting principles
- Data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel and Access) and Google suite
- Self-disciplined; consistently meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience with, or knowledge of, non-profit organizations a plus
- Strong commitment to racial justice, workers’ rights, and Black community empowerment
- Flexible work schedule, some evenings and weekends as needed
- Driving for work related travel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume; reference “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. Please reference where you saw this posting. Applicants who meets the minimum qualifications will receive a response, no phone calls.
LABWC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE OF COLOR, WOMEN AND LGBTQ ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.