211 East 43rd Street
About Project Sunshine:
Project Sunshine is a multi-national, volunteer-based nonprofit that meets the social-emotional needs of pediatric patients (0-21) and families living with all medical challenges. Project Sunshine takes a family-centered approach to care, recognizing that when a child is ill, the entire family is affected. Project Sunshine volunteers are trained to help children to act and feel like kids during emotionally and physically challenging times, leading to lower levels of stress and anxiety.
About the Position:
Project Sunshine is seeking a part-time Corporate Program Associate to join a passionate and energetic team that delivers high quality programs to children and families in hospitals. The Corporate Program Associate will gain skills in planning and execution of volunteer programs for Project Sunshine’s corporate partners. The successful candidate will also have an interest in strengthening relationships between Project Sunshine and its hospital partners. The position will be for 20 hours per week with the possibility to increase based on need. It expected to run through December 31st, 2018.
· Work with members of the Corporate Team to plan and execute programs requested by Project Sunshine’s corporate partners
· Connect with hospital partners to place corporate volunteer groups where they are best serving Project Sunshine’s patients and families
· Plan all program activities for corporate volunteer programs with approval and support of appropriate hospital staff
· Procure necessary materials for all activities at each corporate volunteer program
· Lead volunteers through training and activity management at volunteer programs
· Provide Project Sunshine staff members with the necessary materials and information to staff and assist in volunteer event management
· Maintain corporate program reporting and evaluation documents using appropriate feedback channels and Salesforce
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Commitment to the mission and values of Project Sunshine
· Detail-oriented, highly organized, and flexible
· Demonstrated experience in event planning or management
· Ability to work on tight timelines and under pressure
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Volunteer management experience a plus
· Must have flexibility to work the occasional evening or weekend program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Both a cover letter and resume are required. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the cover letter and resume in BOTH the body of the email and as attachments in case the attachments cannot be opened. Please put “Corporate Program Associate” in the title of your email. No phone calls, please.