Details: $20.00 /hr - $24.00 /hr - approximately 20 hours per week
2550 Ninth Street
Essential Access Health champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. We are seeking a Part-Time Administrative Coordinator to provide administrative support and coordination for our Berkeley office approximately 20 hours/week.
Learn more at www.essentialaccess.org.
Essential Access is a statewide organization that champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves their mission through an umbrella of programs and services including advanced clinical research, provider training, clinic support initiatives, advocacy and consumer awareness. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $25 million.
Essential Access funds family planning and reproductive health services for low-income and uninsured clients through nearly 60 health care organizations collectively, operating more than 351 health centers serving more than one million women, men and teens annually in 37 of California’s 58 counties. As the sole administrator of California’s leading Title X (ten) federal family planning program, the nation’s largest Title X system, Essential Access’ provider network includes a broad spectrum of service organizations, including federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), city and county health departments, stand-alone family planning health centers, school-based clinics and community health centers.
Specific Duties + Responsibilities
- Coordinate all office tasks and administrative functions for our Berkeley office including tracking and organizing inventory, placing office supply orders and managing daily mail
- Serve as the lead liaison for Berkeley office vendors and building management and staff for all office suite needs including supplies, security, parking, and maintenance
- Provide administrative support for Berkeley-based members of the Executive Leadership Team including coordinating travel, reimbursements, meetings, and materials as needed
- Partner with Essential Access Health’s Information Technology (IT) team and vendors to maintain office equipment including copy machines and provide support for video conference and phone systems
- Facilitate set up of new workstations, phone, computers, supplies etc.
- Assist IT in troubleshooting IT system issues and serve as a frontline helpdesk for basic computer system support
- Orient new staff and interns to general office procedures and coordinate with HR as needed
- Greet guests to our Berkeley office and facilitate their connection to the appropriate Essential Access Health team member/meeting host
- Support meeting and event planning and implementation
- Coordinate and conduct other administrative projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in an administrative position, with executive administrative experience preferred
- Commitment to ensuring access to sexual and reproductive health care for all
- Strong inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills and customer service orientation
- Advanced abilities using Excel, Word for Windows and Outlook and comfort with IT systems and equipment
- Experience with meeting and event support experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to manage daily tasks and plan ahead to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail a must, ability to develop and maintain effective administrative procedures and adapt to shifting priorities strongly desired
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to:
Essential Access Health
Attn: HR Department
3600 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 600
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements. Please include the job title in the subject line.