NATURE OF ORGANIZATION: The mission of Washington Autism Alliance (WAA) is to expand access to healthcare, education and services for people with autism and other intellectual developmental disabilities across Washington State. Our culture is one grounded in supportive relationship building, teamwork, mutual caring, and dedication to our mission.
While we have much to celebrate, our work is far from done. WAA is preparing for an ambitious expansion and this position is essential to our success as we build increasing levels of community engagement, awareness of our work and investment in our mission.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate will be a community collaborator, who is results oriented and comfortable prioritizing tasks as they work on multiple projects to support fundraising and community engagement efforts for the organization. This position requires creative problem-solving, project management, and relationship building.
INITIALLY REPORTING TO: Investments & Partnerships Director
- Provide support for relationship based fundraising, event and community engagement efforts with individual donors, foundation partners, government agencies, and corporate partners.
- Support fundraising efforts by preparing for stakeholder meetings, conducting research, writing meeting briefs and planning small investor events.
- Participate in team planning and implementation of our Investments & Partnerships team strategy, including documentation in the database, maintaining team planning schedules, creating position procedure manuals, and contributing to achieving team and organizational goals.
- Support communication efforts such as fundraising campaigns, newsletters, and social media.
- Steward lasting donor relationships by regularly communicating with donors, sponsors and volunteers to ensure continued and/or increased support.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and ask for support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Donor record management: consistent and accurate data entry, gift reporting, timely donor acknowledgment, reporting, and troubleshooting database issues.
- Communications: constantly keep up-to-date on incoming emails, follow-up, and follow-through.
- Coordination: schedule meetings with partners, prospective donors, and current supporters.
- Complete quality deliverables on time: draft letters and emails, maintain schedule, manage projects, and complete other tasks necessary to assist in effectively moving fundraising efforts forward.
- Reporting: create reports that show fundraising results and effectiveness for current and past campaigns.
- Organizing: filing, data entry, maintaining filing systems and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the WAA Day Out for Autism.
- Manage WAA’s Annual Fundraising Gala and act as the internal point person.
- Work with the WAA team and event committee to coordinate donation procurement, event sponsorship, vendors, volunteers, and event details.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- One year of nonprofit fundraising and development experience preferred
- Aptitude and interest in fundraising and community engagement
- An interest in helping individuals and families affected by autism
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google docs applications Strong computer and internet skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Solid experience working with integrated Donor Management software (Little Green Light or equivalent), MailChimp, etc.
- Experience working with Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Be able to work autonomously and collaborate with a team
- Must have reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events
- Schedule flexibility to attend occasional evening and weekend events
Job Type: Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Disability insurance, retirement plan, flexible schedule, Paid time off
Compensation: $39.5K - $45.8K
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter