Details: Salary commensurate with experience and in line with the finances of a small non-profit.
359 Boylston Street
JOIN for Justice envisions a revitalized Jewish community that plays a powerful role in this country’s social justice struggles. We train and mentor Jewish leaders, rabbis, and community organizers through our yearlong Jewish Organizing Fellowship, Seminary Leadership Project, Clergy Fellowship, Online Institute, ROAR! (Resistance, Organizing, Action, and Resilience) training series, and consulting work with organizations. We believe that our Jewish religious, historical, and cultural traditions compel us to organize our communities and take powerful action together in support of the pressing social justice issues of our time, and that those unique traditions can be a particularly indispensable resource in harnessing the power of faith for good. Thousands of people we have trained are tapping these traditions as they work in cities across the country forging relationships, building power, and winning change for their communities.
JOIN for Justice, commonly referred to as JOIN, is seeking a full time Online Learning Manager, responsible for supporting the growth of our Online Institute. The Institute began with our highly successful 7 week online course “Don’t Kvetch, Organize!”, which began in 2015. Now, we are updating and expanding our online learning options to reach a wider audience, address the current national political landscape, and train on new topics. The Online Learning Manager will work with JOIN’s Director of Programs to manage all aspects of running the Online Institute including content development, participant recruitment, and technology management.
· Manage “Don’t Kvetch Organize” online course
· Support expansion of online training offerings
· Recruit participants for all online learning opportunities
· Oversee communications and outreach to disseminate online learning content
· Build and maintain organizational partnerships for recruitment and collaboration
· Work with staff and consultant team to implement plans for new content creation and content changes
· Recruit and manage consultants such as trainers and videographers
· Manage software and technology needed for online learning
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to drive multiple processes, communicate clearly to involved stakeholders, and drive to complete tasks
· Collaborative, works well on teams
· Comfort with learning and teaching others new software
· Versed in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive etc.)
· Some familiarity with Jewish community/culture/religion
· 3-5 years of work experience in community organizing, training, and/or content development. Direct experience with online learning and/or teaching preferred.
At JOIN for Justice, we believe social justice fights require the voices of those most directly impacted by injustice. JOIN is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff team and strongly encourages those from marginalized groups to apply for this role.
-80% covered medical and dental benefits for yourself, spouse and/or children
-22 Paid Jewish and National Holidays, 2 Floating Holidays
-12 days paid sick leave annually, and 12 days paid vacation first year
-Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan after one year of service, contributions matched up to 5%
-Fully covered life, short and long-term disability insurance
-Flexible Spending Account
-Communal, mission-driven, and intellectually stimulating work environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to email@example.com and indicate your name and “Online Learning Manager ” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. JOIN for Justice is an equal opportunity employer.