Details: Commensurate with Experience
2300 International Boulevard
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Youth Employment Partnership (YEP) is to improve the employment and education outcomes for Oakland youth and young adults (ages 16-24) impacted by poverty, foster care, the criminal justice system, school underachievement and other barriers to work by providing transformative life coaching, critical skill building, comprehensive education support and work experience. YEP is a successful workforce development non-profit organization with a diverse portfolio of programs, funders, and a strong appetite for innovation and an excellent reputation for its consistently strong performance.
The Director of Grants and Administration is a critical part of YEP’s leadership team and is responsible for managing federal, state, and local government grants and contracts and providing agency leadership; and administrative oversight. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be an active member of the YEP leadership team to supervise and develop staff, develop and implement policies and procedures, represent YEP publicly, and participate in YEP’s Board of Directors quarterly and committee meetings.
- Manage Grants compliance and Management Information Systems (MIS) for all YEP grants.
- Submit all quarterly invoices including MIS reports and quarterly financials on a timely basis.
- Oversee the administration of staff benefits and maintain all personnel documentation.
- Manage YEP’s Fiscal operation which includes: oversee YEP’s QuickBooks, oversee all fiscal controls, manage our single audit, manage all financial correspondence, oversee purchasing, and oversee all payrolls- trainee, staff and subcontracts.
- Prepare financial statements for our board meetings.
- Help develop program and an agency annual budget.
- Oversee the administration of new hire orientations, employee handbooks, employee benefits enrollment and reimbursements, and personnel file maintenance and documentation.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience working in non-profit organizations with at least 3+ years of management experience. Experience with workforce development programs and/or federal grant management preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with high-need communities, familiarity with Alameda County a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with financial record keeping, reporting, and contract/grant administration and monitoring.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Outlook, Excel, and Word. Proficiency with data management information systems a plus.
- Impeccable data analysis skills with a strong attention to process, systems, and getting the details right.
- Demonstrated success working in a demanding fast-paced work environment.
- Expert level ability to prioritize competing work requirements in various departments with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to fit a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences.
- A profound commitment to working with low-income, young adults of color in Oakland who face multiple, significant barriers to education and employment.
- A strong belief in the power of education and work experience to change the trajectory of an individual’s life.
- The ability to approach challenges with positivity and a sense of humor and thrives in a high energy work environment.
- Proactively seeks feedback and coaching from peers and supervisor with a desire for continuous improvement and growth.
- Flexibility in leadership style and a commitment to sharing leadership with fellow Directors and managers that builds consensus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- YEP offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a cafeteria style plan that is flexible and can be catered to your needs and priorities. The plan offers medical, dental, and vision plan options as well as childcare and education reimbursement options.
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) – All YEP employees receive 14 paid holidays, sick leave and vacation time.
In order to qualify for the position, candidates must:
- Pass a live scan background check (required of all YEP employees).
- Have access to a vehicle at least two days a week.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, your resume and salary requirements to Michele Clark, Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Youth Employment Partnership, Inc. actively seeks to hire, promote, and provide services to individuals without regard to race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin or age. If you need accommodations, please contact the office.
YEP offers a benefits package in a cafeteria style plan that is flexible and can be catered to your needs and priorities. The plan offers medical, dental, and vision plan options as well as childcare and education reimbursement options.
All YEP employees receive 14 paid holidays, sick leave and vacation time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, your resume and salary requirements to Michele Clark, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.