Details: Negotiable (Contract)
PT Respite Providers – Collingwood and Wheatland Programs
Calgary and Strathmore, AB
We are currently seeking 2 caring individuals to provide relief respite services approximately one (1) weekend per month within our Collingwood house parent model home in Calgary, AB and 2 caring individuals to provide relief respite services approximately one (1) weekend per month within our Wheatland house parent model home in Strathmore, AB.
These programs are designed to offer a family like setting for youth. As part of a broader continuum of services offered by Wood’s Homes, these programs provide services for youth with clinical, supervision or peer issues who can benefit from a smaller setting with more supervision than a foster home.
The Respite Provider will provide respite services approximately one weekend per month. The successful candidate would provide positive and structured attention for up to four (4) youth within each program, supported by a staff team. Ideal for mature college students or empty-nesters.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Provide care and supervision to clients ages 6 to 17
· Ensure the well being and safety of clients.
· Represent the program in a professional and positive manner to clients, families, and the public.
· Provide positive and structured attention for up to four youth
· Requires spending a 48 or 72 hour period in our home
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
· Parenting experience – experience working with adolescents is an asset.
· Personal suitability is important.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required