Summer Judicial Internship Diversity Project Fellow (Temporary)
- Job posted by Just The Beginning - A Pipeline Organization
Details: November 2018 – April 2019 10 hours/week with ability to work remotely
70 West Madison Street
The Fellow will assist in the planning and facilitation of the Summer Judicial Internship Diversity (SJID) Project. JTB-APO collaborates with the Judicial Resources Committee to provide federal judges with diverse internship candidates. The SJID fellow will work with the Program Director to recruit judges and participants, conduct an intensive screening process, match potential candidates with judges, and facilitate two webinars for students on interviewing and writing. More about JTB’s programs can be found at www.jtb.org.
- Reporting directly to the Program Director;
- Recruiting judges interested in diverse internship candidates and conducting outreach activities to recruit potential project participants,
- Creating/updating the SJID project application.
- Coordinating the evaluation of candidates with multiple rounds of screening and overseeing attorney/clerk volunteers who assist with evaluations;
- Matching potential candidates with judges.
- Facilitating two webinars on interviewing and writing skills by conducting outreach for a host firm and arranging attorney/judge speakers.
- Providing a writing assignment to candidates and facilitating the grading process with volunteer attorneys and judges.
- Serving as a liaison between judges and candidates and responding to SJID related phone, email, and written inquiries.
- Working subject to the direction and supervision of the Executive Director and Board of Directors of JTB-APO, who may modify duties or assign other duties and responsibilities as necessary and conducive to the best interests of JTB-APO.
- BA (required)
- JD in progress (a plus)
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and references in a single PDF to:
Cristina Figueroa, Program Director
Just The Beginning-A Pipeline Organization
70 West Madison Street., Suite 2900
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Notice: Employment with JTB-APO is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. This may include professional reference checks, credit checks, a criminal record check, or a combination thereof. JTB-APO will request an employee’s consent prior to contacting any named reference. Additionally, all employees of JTB-APO may be required, at JTB-APO’s expense, to complete a criminal record check during the employment relationship for the purpose of assessing the employee’s eligibility for employment or continued employment in positions where a criminal record check is required.