Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
As a member of the GRACE team, the Digital Communications Coordinator will be an integral part of implementing external communications and marketing through the foundation’s website and across all social media channels.
The ideal candidate is innovative and creative as well as detail oriented. You should live and breathe marketing, communications, digital strategy, websites, and social media.
The position will help support the organization through the development and execution of an exciting new upcoming campaign as well as for ongoing program work. The Digital Communications Coordinator will also collaborate with senior program and executive staff on branding, web development and content marketing strategies.
Duties of the Digital Communications Coordinator will include the following:
● Digital Communications Strategy – Work as part of a team to develop and implement an effective, outcome-based communications and marketing strategy for the organization that will:
○ Promote the new campaign’s projects and tools
○ Expand and enhance GRACE’s online/social media presence
○ Advance GRACE’s messaging and brand visibility
○ Create opportunities for stronger user engagement
● Social Media Marketing – Coordinate all social media channels for GRACE:
○ Create and/or coordinate multiple types of content (e.g., multimedia content) for multiple social media platforms, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram;
○ Help design and execute strategic social media campaigns, including coordinating the creation and launch of social media advertisements
○ Interact with partner organizations and the public
○ Maintain social media calendar(s) in concert with broader communications/editorial calendar
○ Stay on top of social media innovations and trends and find ways to use them in GRACE’s social media strategy
○ Assist with regular and on-demand social media analytics reports
● Online Writing/Blogging – Provide high-quality, issue-driven content for our blog, newsletter and other online properties:
○ Write for our blog and newsletter and assist with blog and newsletter administration
○ Help coordinate multimedia efforts (infographics, videos, etc.) for blog and other online publications
○ Edit blog and newsletter submissions when necessary
Perform other communications and administrative duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
● BA in communications, journalism, food studies, writing or related field
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in a social media/online outreach/marketing/communications capacity or in a related field
● A strong interest in finding and implementing cutting edge communications strategies
● Knowledge of and interest in food and agriculture issues
● Excellent writing, editing, representational and public communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to:
○ Communicate complex technical and scientific concepts to a variety of audiences
○ Produce effective online outreach materials
○ Multi-task and prioritize
○ Work effectively in a team environment and independently
○ Work with diverse groups
○ Display sound judgment
○ Flexibility to travel in performance of duties
GRACE Communications Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.
We offer excellent benefits, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé, with desired compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Digital Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Candidates should also include the following:
• Links to any social media profiles you have managed
• One short writing sample (no more than 500-750 words)
No phone calls, please.
To learn more about us, go to www.eatsustainable.org