100 John F Kennedy Drive
Conservatory of Flowers
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Events Coordinator, Event Staff support the Conservatory of Flowers events by executing the responsibilities listed below.
- Set-up and breakdown of events, including but not limited to furniture, décor and sound equipment
- • Executing the provided timeline
- Basic cleaning before/after each event as well as upkeep of facilities during events, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, window washing, bathroom upkeep, spot cleaning and special jobs
- Enforcing the site policies and contracted time restrictions for both the clients and their vendors
- Troubleshoot facility issues as they arise
- Demonstrating an ability to dress appropriately for manual labor within a formal event context
- Acting as security when necessary
- Overseeing of vehicle operations on the property and acting as a spotter when necessary
- Monitoring parking as necessary
- Securing property lines
- Monitoring the Gift Shop and each Gallery during the hours that guests are present
- Acting as a warm and accommodating host to event guests and clients
- Ensuring all staff leave safely at the end of each shift Learning and recalling information about our mission, programs and exhibits
- Balancing a multitude of tasks during our Conservatory hosted events
- 1-2 years experience working events, with focus in customer service
- Able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors at night in varying elements
- Available to work on weeknights, weekends and holidays
- Able to take initiative and recognizing situations that should defer to management.
- Have a sense of humor and an enthusiastic work ethic.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word documents or PDFs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Event Staff Application – <Insert Your Name>”. Please include the resume and cover letter as separate attachments. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
The Conservatory of flowers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, military veterans and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.