Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, the Special Events Manager will be responsible for overseeing and driving forward DREAM's fundraising and select internal events, coordinating with key stakeholders, partnering with the Director of Advancement Operations on the vision and strategy for fundraising and community events, and supporting supporter engagement. This person will also understand the integral role of fundraising events and campaigns, the technology, and data management in supporting event goals.
This presents a unique opportunity for a strong problem solver with a project management mindset, strategic thinker, and skilled relationship builder to develop connections and partnerships across teams within DREAM as we evolve and grow our fundraising efforts as a whole.
- Lead the coordination with various stakeholders and leadership to build the vision, strategy, and goals for all fundraising and community events with the support of the Director of Advancement Operations and MD of Advancement Strategy & Operations
- Support with tracking event key performance areas, identify items to work on for future events, monitor evolving post-COVID event guidelines, and collaborate to create sound event strategies for DREAM
- Manage the partnership with the Communications Team on event branding, outreach materials, and event program
- Ensure seamless coordination with key internal team members on external partnerships for events including sponsorship fulfillment and volunteer engagement
- Oversee all event logistics for all fundraising, select signature and milestone school events, select program events, and community events; including vendor management, budget management, staffing coordination, and creating the vision for decor & branding for all fundraising events in partnership with the Communications Team
- Develop and create the operational systems & project plans, evolve current internal processes for select signature and milestone school events, fundraising events, and program events (graduations, career partnership events, staff institutes, and retreats, etc.) and drive planning groups forward
- Drive the stewardship of event leadership for fundraising events and oversee the vision, management of the day of fundraising efforts, and stewardship of in-kind donors and auction winners
- Coordinate with Special Events Coordinator on gift management procedure, acknowledgment procedures, and database maintenance for all special events activities
- Oversee the strategy for innovating procedures and ensuring proper management of the event revenue in Salesforce with the Senior Coordinator of Advancement Operations
- Work with the Director of Advancement Operations to set event budget forecasts, manage event budgets, oversee all financial reporting and data analysis, and ensure accurate tracking of event revenue.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred;
- A strategic thinker with a strong operational and logistics mindset who uses data to drive decision making;
- An unwavering commitment to reaching goals;
- Proven ability for bringing together different leaders and departments within an organization to work together toward a shared vision and goals;
- Ground-level experience leading fundraising events of various sizes and scopes;
- Strong project management skills, including solving complex operational challenges;
- A keen sense of guest experience and engagement from initial outreach through post-event activities;
- Experience working in complex and dynamic environments with the ability to find creative solutions to problems and take initiative;
- Ground-level experience working within a fundraising team to be able to support with building the tools and infrastructure for necessary events operations;
- Ability to interact professionally with dedicated organizational leaders, including Board and staff members who have diverse backgrounds, professional skills, and perspectives;
- Working knowledge of the New York City funding community, its leaders, and trends, strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/6ezGLwtN11DZTM4bSxmYd" />