Details: Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus.
127 W. 26th Street
Job Purpose and Background
CDP North America, Inc. is seeking a dedicated individual to join its Global Communications team to contribute to fulfilling CDP’s overarching communications and marketing strategy. This is an exciting and significant opportunity for an exceptional candidate to not only lead the planning, development and implementation of strategic communications and marketing materials in line with CDP North America’s communications activities, but also to help deliver the organization’s global objectives and messages, at a central as well as program level.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 800 institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us on twitter @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work in close cooperation with the Senior Communications Executive in North America to ensure full planning alignment, as well as with team leads and agencies to develop communications and marketing activity and materials;
- Write, edit, proofread and improve content for website, media articles, blogs, social media, emails and marketing collateral;
- Work closely with the global communications team to:
- support the implementation of a global content strategy that enables the successful delivery of CDP’s priority workstreams;
- ensure a fully integrated approach to campaign and content development
- ensure the implementation of content distribution via online channels and social media platforms is in line with content plans, against agreed metrics;
- Act as brand champion for North America, while ensuring all content produced is in line with central CDP messaging and branding;
- Communicate CDP’s brand and strategic market positioning to key internal and external stakeholders.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of a 4-year college degree (BA in Communications or related field) required;
- 4 to 7 years of experience in communications/public relations;
- Experience in effectively using social media to build visibility and promote engagement;
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility, ESG and sustainability is preferred;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information, compose documents, and present data in a clear and concise manner to appropriate personnel, including top management, program staff and external stakeholders;
- Proven ability to be a passionate, strong, hands-on writer who effectively understands strategy, including identifying priorities, driving thought leadership content and goals, and ensuring alignment to organizational mission and objectives;
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- The ability to communicate and liaise with a wide range of audiences (corporations, investors and partner organizations).
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s New York office in Manhattan.
Excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation annually.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the US.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications and Content Manager’ in the subject. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.