Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Fairfax, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
• In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
• In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
• That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
• That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
• That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
• Support coordination of legal clinics with community partners. This may include requesting interpreters, preparing and organizing clinic materials, maintaining lists of volunteers and responding to volunteer inquiries, coordinating with staff, recruiting volunteer attorneys, liaising with host sites, and providing informational presentations at clinics for attorney and/or client audiences;
• Staff regular remote or walk-in clinics by conducting telephonic intakes, greeting clients, explaining clinic procedures, maintaining clinic flow, training and supervising non-attorney volunteers, and processing completed client interview packets. These clinics may be held in the evening or on weekends;
• Maintain and create client records using Legal Server, Ayuda’s case management software, and ensure integration of paper documents into electronic and hard copy case files;
• Conduct intakes with clients referred to the pro bono program and assist with follow up for additional screening as necessary;
• Assist in regular reporting of pro bono and immigration team activities using Legal Server and Excel;
• Ensure efficient placement of pro bono cases and adequate follow up through regular communication with clients and pro bono partners;
• Communicate with clients by phone to confirm appointments with USCIS, courts, and Ayuda attorneys;
• Fill out forms with clients & assemble evidentiary packets to support applications for immigration benefits;
• Prepare declarations with clients about prior crime victimization and about personal hardship;
• Prepare and mail documentary submissions for filing with DHS and EOIR;
• Obtain documents from courts and law enforcement agencies as necessary;
• Draft, edit, update, and distribute outreach materials to reach potential clients from a diversity of backgrounds;
• Assist pro bono staff in responding to pro bono volunteer inquiries as appropriate;
• Update pro bono training and outreach materials as appropriate, providing translations where possible;
• Provide other administrative/paralegal support as assigned.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Eligibility: Must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position presented in a general office environment.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse communities
• Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
• Organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to diverse audiences with a customer service orientation
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team
• Professional demeanor, strong work ethics, able to maintain confidentiality and a positive work environment
• Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
• Second language fluency required (preference given to Spanish and Amharic speakers)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with the interest and ability to learn other software programs
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please. Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.
Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since…