Job Title: Financial Assistant (.80 FTE, 32 hours/week)
Reports To: Director of Finance
Date: April 2021
Responsible for organizing and maintaining accounting records including journal entries, filing, and credit
card transactions. Verifying, coding, and entering check requests into Sage Fund Accounting Software.
Tracking refuge expenses and other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Support the Director of Finance and the overall functions of RefugeeOne’s Finance Department.
- Provide support and documentation for annual audit.
- Enter invoices, check requests, and monthly credit card expense into MIP Fund Accounting Software
- Prepare and submit monthly credit card expense reports to supervisors for approval.
- Copy incoming checks and make daily deposits.
- Prepare monthly supporting docs for vouchers!
- Administer R&P Pocket money and petty cash.
- Prepare and disburse checks!
- Enter and submit employee’s 401K Plan documentation.
- Maintain staff Time Off Records in Purely HR Administer e- VERIFY for all new hires.
- Support the Director of Finance with various duties as assigned
- Attend meetings and training, as assigned!
- Return communications (phone, e-mail, mail) to internal and
- External colleagues and service providers within 48 hours
- Complete other duties and tasks, as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Accounting related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and follow through with
- practical solutions.
- Collegial and collaborative with colleagues – a team player
- Flexible in work schedule
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Passion for the mission and vision of RefugeeOne
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years’ experience, not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- knowledge of sage fund accounting Software (MIP) is required
Salary: Commensurate with Credentials and experience.