Details: This position is paid at an hourly rate not to exceed more than 20 hour weekly
The Merging Vets and Players (MVP) Program Coordinator is a position for someone who believes in the Merging Vets and Players mission of supporting combat veterans and professional athletes in transition. This person will ensure that the MVP program is properly supported and maintain quality services and deliverables. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and be no more than 20 hours a week.
· Act as main point of contact for MVP participants
· Conduct program outreach to recruit combat veterans and former professional athletes for the MVP program. This includes but is not limited to: attending partnership meetings, conferences, career fairs, etc.
· Monitor compliance of the MVP program to ensure consistency with the established criteria and the MVP mission
· Implement the MVP programming including but not limited to: MVP weekly programming, community service events, and socials
· Collect program feedback to improve the overall MVP experience for attendees
· Cultivate and strengthen partnerships to enhance the MVP program experience
· Cultivate fundraising partnerships
· Some fundraising proposal work may be required
This position will require a self-starter with advanced nonprofit leadership experience. Additional characteristics include:
· A Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
· A minimum of two years experience of nonprofit or similar organization
· Criminal History background checks to include State and FBI Checks (the position is contingent on results)
· Must be able to work on a team, but also be self-motivated
· Experience working with combat veterans (or veterans) or athletes a plus
· Ability to prioritize an ever-changing workload
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, professionalisms, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
· Computer literacy and well developed technology skills
· Some travel required
· $17-$20/hourly; with flexible hours
· A dynamic, fund, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting combat veterans and former professional athletes in transition.
Minimum Education Required